Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Jimmy to play again in 2006
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Jimmy to play again in 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wajsims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Jimmy to play again in 2006 Reply with quote

Copied from another board and verified on the Codetalkers tour dates page:

Its been a minute since I checked in round these parts...things looking a little different these days!! Bobby Lee posted this on myspace.com and my first thought was to give the philzone a heads up. I looked around and it didnt seem to have been posted yet. This is gonna be HOT!!! SMOKIN!!! I cant wait!!!

Bobby Lee Rodgers will join Jimmy Herring, Jeff Sipe, Mark Van Allen, and Neal Fountain for a handful of dates beginnig May 26th and culminating in a featured set at Smilefest in the mountains of North Carolina on June 3rd.

Many will recall that Herring (electric guitar) and Sipe (drums) are both alumni of the Aquarium Rescue Unit and Phil Lesh & Friends. Herring has toured on two occasions with Rodgers' band The Codetalkers. Since many of us know these cats, read on for more on the rest of the line-up:

Mark Van Allen has thirty years of steel guitar-playing under his belt, and that is how he is most recognized. He has played with a long and impressive list of players, including having played with Vasser Clements and his Holiday Band back in December 2004, one of the last shows Vasser played, and in which Bobby Lee, Ted & Tyler of The Codetalkers played as well.

Hailing from the musical hotbed of Athens, GA, Neal Fountain has been playing professionally from the age of 14. Best known as a sideman to Col. Bruce Hampton and the Fiji Mariners and drumming phenom Jeff Sipe (aka Apt Q258), Neal’s name is on the short list of greater Atlanta’s finest musicians. Though relatively unknown outside those circles, this line-up is sure to bring many eyes in the direction of these five fine musicians.

Stay tuned!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

South Panic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: