Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - ARU Fall Tour 2006?
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

ARU Fall Tour 2006?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zambi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: ARU Fall Tour 2006? Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the Hampton Grease Band reunion this past Friday (6/2) at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. However, a friend of mine did attend and I just happened to be speaking with him by cell phone as he was entering the Variety Playhouse. He very excitedly interrupted me with an exclamation (expletive) and said that there were flyers up all over the place saying "The Return of ARU -- October xx and xx. The Variety Playhouse." Now I can't remember the dates, but it was either the 3rd or 4th weekend of October (I believe it was Oct. 27 and 28 ). I'm fairly certain it's Friday & Saturday nights.

Last edited by Zambi on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
jaystraw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Halloween ARU? I'm DOWN!

nice seeing you man. That was fun

Smile

South Panic
Zambi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those two Oct. 27-28 shows at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta have apparently been moved to Oct. 31....a true Halloween show.

http://www.colbruce.com/

That works fine for me, since I live 3 miles from the venue, but I think it sorta stinks. Not only would I rather see them twice instead of once, but I think a Tuesday show is much more difficult/unrealistic for a lot of out-of-towners who might otherwise make the trip for Friday/Saturday shows, but also a lot of folks (particularly those with chil'ren) might have other priorities on Halloween. Oh well....beggars can't be choosers, can they?

BTW, excluding the 4 or 5 songs they played at Zambiland 2001, this will be the first "Aquarium Rescue Unit" show at the Variety Playhouse since July 24 (?), 1997. You can view some clips of that show at:

http://www.aquariumrescueunit.com/index.php?module=My_eGallery&do=showgall&gid=13&offset=20&orderby=dateD

Space is the Place!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.

I agree the Tuesday night show is a huge pain in the ass for folks like me from out of town. The other problem is that it conflicts with the Vegoose concert in Las Vegas from 10/27-10/31/06.

I was hoping HRS or ARU would do Vegoose as the Codetalkers did last year. I guess that looks unlikely.

South Panic
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, the ARU shows in Atl 30-31 are going to be professinally recorded for an official DVD release.
Zambi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Great news, the ARU shows in Atl 30-31 are going to be professinally recorded for an official DVD release.

Is that confirmed? I heard they were looking into professional videographers for a possible DVD release, but hadn't heard they reached a decision. Great news, if true!

Even better news, the dates have been moved back to the weekend before....Friday 10/27 and Saturday 10/28:

http://www.colbruce.com
Zambi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it appears to be official. I got this today from the Variety Playhouse e-newsletter about upcoming events:

Quote:

COL. BRUCE HAMPTON & THE AQUARIUM RESCUE UNIT
Friday October 27th & October 28th , 8:30pm, $25
Over the past couple of years Atlanta’s own Aquarium Rescue Unit have reunited for some special performances. Since disbanding all members have continued with successful solo careers or performing with some of todays hottest bands. Original members Colonel Bruce Hampton, Oteil Burbidge, Jimmy Herring and Jeff Sipe will be joined by newcomer Bobby Lee Rogers.
Zambi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With five dates announced, can we call it a "fall tour" yet?

============================================

Col. Bruce Hampton and The Aquarium Rescue Unit are Reunited and on Tour!

Catch this almost complete original lineup including Col Bruce Hampton, Oteil Burbridge, Jimmy Herring, Jeff Sipe aka Apt - Q258 and Bobby Lee Rodgers.

10/27/2006 08:30 PM - Variety Playhouse
1099 Euclid Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30301,US - $25
www.Variety Playhouse.com

10/28/2006 08:30 PM - Variety Playhouse
1099 Euclid Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30301,US - $25
www.Variety Playhouse.com

11/10/2006 08:00 PM - House Of Blues Myrtle Beach
4640 Highway 17 S. , N. Myrtle Beach, SC ,US - $17.50-$20
Door 7PM, Show 8PM. All Ages Show. Visit www.hob.com for more information

11/11/2006 09:00 PM - House Of Blues Orlando
1490 E. Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, FL 32801,US - $20 adv/ $23 day of show, +$1 facility fee
www.hob.com

11/12/2006 06:00 PM - Down On The Farm Festival
1300 Ball Farm Road, Quincy, FL 32351,US - $75 Early Bird, $100 Reg
Other artists include Drive By Truckers, MOFRO, Perpetual Groove, Tishamingo, and many more great bands!
Visit www.downonthefarmfestival.com for ticketing and more festival information.

Check out www.aquariumrescueunit.net or www.myspace.com/aruofficial for ARU music, news, tour dates and more!
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this "career" crap is geting cumbersome!!

South Panic
blackdiesel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush won out over ARU for me. I've already committed to seeing Buckethead on Oct 9, Adam Nitti on Oct 22, so I was a little past my concert allowance.

When Frank Marino confirmed, I have to see him. He tours infrequently and I've never seen him in concert. I've seen ARU many times at the height of their game and with Bobby Lee in the band, I'm not that keen on seeing them.
Zambi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pisser about the 10/27 show, but it appears to have been cancelled:

http://www.myspace.com/aruofficial

http://www.aquariumrescueunit.net
jaystraw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, that blows.

Twisted Evil

South Panic
Zambi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks especially bad for those that have already bought airline tickets to fly into town Friday afternoon, and have already committed to blowing a precious vacation day that they might not have otherwise been taken for just a Saturday show. I wonder whether the reasoning has to do with poor tickets sales or Jimmy's busy schedule with Panic (in Omaha 10/26). Either way, it sucks.

Also, why the hell did they start the November run in Myrtle Beach??!! That's over 500 miles to Orlando, and then another 250 to Tallahassee. Would've been a much less grueling weekend of driving if they'd started things in Tampa, Gainesville or Jacksonville, then hit Orlando and Tallahassee. The way it's scheduled now, that's a 1500 mile weekend for those of us already living in the South. 2500 miles for those living in the Mid-Atlantic.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARU is:

Jimmy
Col. Bruce
Jeff Sipe
Oteil B.
and
Bobby Lee Rodgers from the Codetalkers to take Matt Mundy's place.

South Panic
listen to this

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: ARU & Bobby Lee Rodgers Reply with quote

Dear blackdiesel:

Just wondering if you even know that the only reason the band decided to book any more dates after their weekend stint in Boulder in January was BECAUSE of Bobby Lee Rodgers' presence. (This fact came from a friend of a friend who works for one of the musicians in the band.) Apparently, the band had such a great time playing that they decided to ask him to join the band AND to schedule as many dates as they could around everyone's schedule when they had--until that time--decided they really didn't want to play any more dates. So as far as I am concerned, he can stay. Besides the fact that the man just plain kicks ass....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: