Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Anyone going to ARU @ Innsbruck 05.09.07?
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Anyone going to ARU @ Innsbruck 05.09.07?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsbe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Anyone going to ARU @ Innsbruck 05.09.07? Reply with quote

http://innsbrookafterhours.com/content//index.php?option=com_gigcal&Itemid=26

I'm going down and will be bringing a few peeps with. Anyone on this discussion forum going to be attending?
jaystraw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gong to come down. but work calls.

Sad

Have fun y'all...should be a heater!

South Panic
BRayStrat

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best shows I've ever been to! Here's what I wrote down elsewhere:

Fantastic show...ARU was phenomenal. My first time seeing them and well worth the drive and then some. The chemistry Sipe has with those other guys is out of this world. The way I see it, Sipe throws the band curveballs with changes in the groove, but the band knocks it out of the park, they're all on the same page and on the same team. At the end of the set, two drums were set out for Rico/Sipe and Duane Trucks/Sipe.

ARU songs I remember (in no order whatsoever)

I'm So Glad (similar to the Codetalkers version)
Turn on Your Love Light (Oteil vocals)
Kawlijah (Oteil vocals)
Working on a Building (I think Oteil sang one verse...this song was the highlight for me)
Time is Free
Compared to What
Time Flack
Jazz Bank (I think)
Shoeless Joe

Seemed that Oteil really took command of this show and was directing traffic (though Col did a bit himself).

Joyful Noise with (Oteil, Sipe, Herring) definitely a highlight...Mahjoun-Greensleeves, always great to see Herring and Trucks tackle Coltrane.
As far as teases in songs, only one I recall is Trucks during DTB doing the Lovelight melody.
Great seeing everyone.
Derek did play a different guitar, as Mike mentioned...The first song I thought was If I Had Possession Over Judgment Day (sounded like the Clapton version on the Mr. Johnson CD) but ended up as something else. Definitely had the Delta/early Muddy feel to it, but there are quite a few blues tunes with that sound...2nd song was another blues tune that I was unfamiliar with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: