Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - I love herring
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

I love herring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanscarff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: I love herring Reply with quote

I admit I'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but i absolutley love listening to this guy. So if anyone can tell me of any site or store that might carry a good load of jimmy herring audio I'd like to know...and any tour dates aswell.

thanks a lot.

(side note): I'm only 15, but i have good taste.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy would love your Coltrane quote..nice to meet you!

There is a few posts talkng about audio downloads. Take a peek in those and they have pretty good instructions.

South Panic
ARUjeff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear ya.. im only 18 but i got into jimmy when my dad gave me blue light rain...in 99 and from then on i was hooked
jaystraw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kids!

LOL...happy to have any Jimmy fans here!

Boy...I wish I knew about him at 15...I heard him at 18 and it has taken me this long to really "get" his playing!

South Panic
ARUjeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha...yeah yeah....i guess we're kids but that doesnt mean we dont have a great sense of music!

i must say though playing guitar for 6 years, jazz for 2...nothing has broadened my horizons as much as hearing jimmy play. full of everything you could want, technique, soul, and his tone is worth playing for an enternity to acquire.
jaystraw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just messin' with ya! I'm in my early 30's, so I'm OLD!

South Panic
ARUjeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im really hoping to getting a band going why im in college, so i can get over the stage fright aspect and just play my best live.....right now i have aa very set standard for my playing i dont know if thats healthy for my playing...although they are very high and with the amount of practice im doing should be attained within a couple of years.
gillvanderlip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arujeff its me again well im 53 and seen and met alot of great players over the years. i saw hendrix play in 1969. its good you are listening to the players of today but they would not be where they are if it had not been for the past. listen to the players from the 60's and 70's and you will find alot of great playing and music to build from. even take the solo to nowhere man by the beatles and see where the ideas come from. as far as playing out and being ready with a high standard . you will screw up and forget what to play and your technique will fall apart. it happens to everybody. all the great players will tell you this so have fun when you go on stage and play. the people out in the audience for the most part don't even play or don't know if you make a mistake if a musician gives you crap then he has forgotten when he started. music is fun you don't have to blow them away. smile, play easy melodic ideas, keep the band together and tight and the crowd will love it. trust me. take care and hope to hear your music some day gill
ARUjeff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks gill.....as for listening to some of the 60's and 70's musicians...im all into that era as far as jazz goes......coltrane, miles, mahavishnu, holdsworth(especially playing with tony williams lifetime) love it all.....as far as rock from those decades...its all about the who and pink floyd
gillvanderlip

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi arujeff i saw the who,,, who next toir great show. i have alan holdsworth jackbruce billy cobham live montreau jazz festival if interested on audio tape. let me know. you need to get the book ( search for the uncommom chord )by holdsworth that is a great book and different look at chords. keep on playing. i am a weekend player,,, play with my friends and write with my wife ...i have fun. make extra money playing beatlles. ray charles and patsy cline. its all great fun. take care gill
ARUjeff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awesome!......i saw them during their 2000 North American tour, their 2002 North American tour...and i just recently saw them at MSG on May 22,2004. some of the greatest musical experiences ive had.....if only i could meet jimmy.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Jimmy Herring Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: