Jimmy Herring Discussion :: View topic - Hello from Mississippi!
Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index

Jimmy Herring Discussion
The Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum...finally!

www.JimmyHerring.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Hello from Mississippi!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwblanton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Hello from Mississippi! Reply with quote

I figure it's about time I post my introduction to accompany the other remarks on this site. My name is Jamie Blanton. I'm 28 and been playing guitar since I was 10. I do not believe, however, this is necessarily a good thing since in playing quality beats quantity. I started out on country (all that was allowed to play in my house) until my Grandparents got cable and in came the MTV along with more hair, makeup, and Marshall modded distortion than I could handle. SO.... basically until Dave Matthews broke me out of that crap....it took college to get into Panic, and Neil Young, Dylan, Dead, and then finally Phish. Now I have branched out into truly studying the people Derek and Jimmy and Scott talk about like Coltrane, D. Gatton, C. Christian, and W. Shorter. I love where Jimmy Herring has taken my musical experience and am forever grateful for his accomplishments. Thanks for this site and for perpetuating music that "does it for me"!!!!
kirk95
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Jimmy Herring Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: