Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Johnny Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Watt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Johnny Live Reply with quote

Guys:

I had the real pleasure of traveling to Dayton last Saturday to hear Johhnny play at the Canal Street Tavern. Awesome show. Johnny, at least, on Saturday, did a few different things (technically) vs. two other
times I have seen him. First, he played through 2 Marshall 6101 amps, not one. I am not sure exactly how his signal was processed through these amps, but his sound was majestic. In part the PA there was quite good...but I have not seen him use two amps before..so does anyone have a handle on his current set-up?
Also, he has a new device on his pedal board produced right here in Indiana..it's a "overdrive pedal" of some type and it sounded great as well.
Over the two years I have seen Johnny live his show continues to improve...I can't wait to see hi again !!!
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert! Glad to have you aboard!

Thanks for the great info! I don't really have an answer to your question (unfortunately), but I believe he had the same set up at the show I went to the beginning of March.

I guess we can call it his "Twin" sound! Wink

Take care!
bclaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John's running a stereo rig now... and the house sound system should be in stereo as well for your listening pleasure...
chrisa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: JAs Amp Setup Reply with quote

Greetings, I also attended the JA gig in Dayton and yeah...he smoked. As for his amps, they are run directly into the main pa, the speakers in the combo cabs are not used. I don't think he actually runs both amps, I think one is actually a backup.
Robert Watt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Johnny Live Reply with quote

Guys:

Thanks for your feedback. I believe, as suggested by bclaire, that he is running in stereo. Certainly, both amps appeared to be active in terms of channel switching, etc. Specifically at times I thought he might be running one amp "clean" and one "overdriven" (channel 2 or 3) during certain solos ??? Anyway...his "sound" live has improved over the last 2 years...not that it wasn't great previously, but now its even better!! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: