Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JA/Cloud 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k0she

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: JA/Cloud 9 Reply with quote

For those of you that love your Johnny A but are looking for that special Les Paul, check out www.cloud9guitars.org This Les Paul is very different than your normal LP and even different than the Elegant. The Chambered Les Paul is based on the Johnny A, not the Elegant. It has the vibe, the mojo and the class of the JA only in a Les Paul shape. Only 3 dealers can sell them, and now they can not even post photos to show you, but you can get a good idea of how they look as well as the history at www.cloud9guitars.org If you contact Gibson make sure you ask about the "Chambered Les Paul" and not a "Cloud 9" because some of them will bite your head off about that name. I own a JA and 2 Cloud 9's and I can safely say that those of you that like the JA will like the Cloud 9 more than any other Les Paul you have played.
Gitfiddler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

k0she, how close to the LP Supreme does the Cloud 9 come? I know they're different p'ups, ebony board and sandwitched maple/mahogany/maple body than the C9, but still a very resonant LP to me.

I've played the JA and Supreme back to back, and overall JA comes out on top, but still love the LPSupreme for it's sonic closeness to a 335/355.
I'd love to try a C9 but out of my price range for now.
k0she

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gitfiddler, I have only played the Supreme acoustically (non-amplified), but in that mode, the Cloud 9 is very close to the Supreme, but closer to the JA acoustic sound than the Supreme. More of a hollow body sound than the Supreme. I am sure that it will vary from guitar to guitar some. The Cloud 9 is closer to the JA than the Elegant also. I knew the second I picked a Cloud 9 up that it was a JA with a Gibson scale neck. I do believe that the Cloud 9 series will be a short run for the 3 super dealers and their supply is LOW... My guess is that Gibson will market the same guitar under a different name, maybe even replace the Elegant, in the future. If you want one of the original Cloud 9 series you better jump on one quickly as I don't think you can special order one at this time. If you are going to be in the St. Louis area sometime, let me know and you can put a Cloud 9 to the test.
Gitfiddler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm in the St. Louis area, I'll definitely give you a holler! For now however, I'm stuck on the West Coast. Thanks for the invite.

You raise an interesting point about the similarities of the C9 and JA. How about another one to throw in the comparison basket: CS336/356. Standard LP/335 scale, but similar body size as the JA. Mahogany back carved out of a single piece too. I wrote a comparison of the 356 and JA in another thread and found them both unique but incredible instruments...even with their similar construction.

Gibson is making some fantastic Custom Shop stuff. Hopefully your prediction about the Cloud 9 becoming the new Elegant will happen too.

I already feel the G.A.S. pain stirring! Cool
k0she

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that haven't got your Cloud 9 (which is a Gibson scale neck version of a JA cut in the shape of a Les Paul) you better grab one quick. The inventory at the 3 dealers is about gone and Gibson says they will not make more. Crying or Very sad www.cloud9guitars.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: