Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Found a little something...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Found a little something... Reply with quote

that you might like to read!

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/02/26/a_is_for_rock_n_roll/

Should be a great show! Very Happy
elle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twinnie always gives us the 411 -
Thank you!!

Won't make it to Marlboro - and maybe not even to the IH on the 31st!!!
I'll go into withdrawal again...
lee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Friday show was great, except for the pool playing during the performance. It's great to have a Central Mass location for music. I don't remember management letting pool playing continue during Johnny's last appearance there. It's hard to play Wichita Lineman when someone else is whooping it up over sinking the eight ball. Evil or Very Mad

I got my DVD last night and have been working through it. It's got a little of everything--performance, explanation, Johnny's bio, and a walk through his guitar setup. It also has a special feature that just plays the performance video. I'm guessing that feature is to help with withdrawal symptoms for when you can't go to a show. Razz
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I confess...I was at the show also! Just getting my thoughts together about the show.

First off, the place was absolutely jam packed and I mean JAM packed! Yeah, I couldn't believe there were guys playing pool during the show...geeesh!! Do they really need to have pool tables there at all?!?!

Billy did a really great set, and what I thought was an awesome job on the Led Zeplin song "When the Levee Breaks" on his Gibson electric/acoustic w/slide...the best!!

JA really played an incredible set...he looked exhausted after the show. He put soo much effort into his playing last night as did the band! He played his new red JA sig as well as the black one and probably the green/blue one, the lighting made it difficult to see the colors from where I was.

Awesome job on "Get Inside" and also "Krea Gata" two of my personal favorites. Threw in a little bit of "Smoke on the Water" and also did "Sway a Little" The band was in rare form...ready for that Marlboro gig! JA had a fun time talking to a guy sitting in the front row, joking around asking him if he wanted to go out on the road with him and did he have a license!

The last of the set was the most intense...the band gave it their all...the place was rockin' out!! I was exhausted just gettin' into the music and watching the band...the energy in the place was contageous and everyone caught it...you couldn't help it!! It was definitely an experience!! I have never been disappointed at a JA show yet and I can honestly say that I been to at least 10!

Hope they have safe travels on the road this month!!

If you can get to a show when it comes to a place near you just do it!

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: