Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday the 13th!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Friday the 13th! Reply with quote

Yes, it was Friday the 13th at the IH, which I am not a superstitious person, but JA was feeling a bit under the weather for the show.
Sad

He told the crowd that he "had the flu, and that there would be no kissing". I must say, I wondered how he would make it through the show. He stuck it out just fine. Someone from the crowd asked about when the new cd was going to be released and JA's reply was "uuuhh....what year is this?" and that there were a few complications but that it would be soon. They all played a fantastic show and as the evening went on JA really got into the music, which seemed to energize him. He played a Jimi Hendrix tune that was not "The Wind Cries Mary" although he played that one too, and also a Beatles tune that I hadn't heard him do before (I won't tell what they were, you'll just have to go to a show and find out!) He did an awesome "Get Inside" and Chris did an absolutely great drum solo when they played "In The Wind" and Jesse also had his moment in the spotlight with his bass playing. I heard someone near me remark that the bass player was amazing! All in all, we were very appreciative that JA didn't stay home sick in bed and at the end of the show we tried to show our appreciation!
Hope they have a safe road trip next week! Very Happy
Obie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, come on. Some of us are lucky to see JA once every year or two. What was the new Beatle tune. Just humm a few bars!
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Obie

Oh.....all right. Only if you promise to get to a JA show next time he is in your area and give a full report of the show.

Hmmm hmmm hmmmm hmmm hmmmm.

There. How did I do? Did it sound anything like "The Night Before"?

I guess I better keep my day job! Laughing

Take care!
Obie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, TF!

I could have sworn you hummed "Ticket to Ride." Anytime JA is close (once a year or two), I see him. The rest of the time, he's on my "pod." Thanks for the "local" update!

O.
Obie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, TF!

I could have sworn you hummed "Ticket to Ride." Anytime JA is close (once a year or two), I see him. The rest of the time, he's on my "pod." Thanks for the "local" update!

O.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: