Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone noticed......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Has anyone noticed...... Reply with quote

that our very own board moderator BClaire will be opening up for JA at the 11/4 show in Marlboro MA at Fireflys? I for one will be in attendance to see this really great show and I will be bringing friends and relatives! Some very talented musicians sharing the same stage in one night...way to go! Can't wait!

I have seen Billy play both acoustic (hope he brings the Gibby!) and electric guitar and also does some really great vocals...a real one man show! Does a great rendition of "Wonderwall" by Oasis...just one of many great tunes by Billy!

If anyone lives in the area, this show is a must see!! Very Happy
lee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. Is this a tickets at the door event?
GeorgeJetson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Info. Reply with quote

http://dantes.fireflysbbq.com/

Check out the site. It says call for reservations - 508-229-2583 - shows sell out fast!
lee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Firefly's Friday/Saturday Reply with quote

The Saturday night show was great. As a BBQ place, it was loud at times. Billy's opening was really fun. Of course, the best part was seeing Johnny up close.

I'd never been to Firefly's. It's nice to see a small club in the area.
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee!

I was at the Friday nite show, and there was a great crowd there...some a little too boisterous Rolling Eyes , but it was all out of admiration for JA and the band! Billy did a great job opening for JA. I think he played for about 45 minutes, and he did bring his Gibby...great sounds!

JA played for I think almost two hours including an encore. He did an awesome job with Get Inside and even had some Led Zep in the set! It was great to see them again...haven't been to a show since April!

When I got there, JA and Billy were havin' a game of pool off in the room next to the stage area......wonder what the outcome of the game was ? Wink
lee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On boisterous behavior.

On Saturday, the boisterous bunch actually was a little rude. That's always the difficulty with bars, some people are out to drink and party and the music is just background. I guess I'm getting old, I think they should just go to a place with a juke box.

John's approach for the loud crowd was interesting. He played softer and softer until they realized how loud they were becoming. This might be a better approach than just yelling STFU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: