Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone tried the '57 Classic Plus pickup?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Anyone tried the '57 Classic Plus pickup? Reply with quote

Hello JohnnyA Guitar Users!
Has anyone tried putting a Gibson 57 Classic Plus in the bridge position? If yes, I'm curious about the results. Sometimes on my bridge PU, there's almost too much sharp bite on the treble, making my teeth cringe a bit and fatiguing my ears a bit. Anyone else had this experience? I'm using a Fender Twin Reverb (new). I remember trying a CS-356 one time and thinking there was too much treble, too brite on the bridge PU. The CS-356 is a close cousin in some ways to the Johnny A. What do you think?

P.S. What is a "BBCode" that I have disabled in this post?
Stu Gutz

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much treble? Isn't that what a tone control is for?

I love the bite of the bridge pickup of my Johnny A, but if it's too much for you just twiddle the knobs until it's right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: