Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bigsby unit: questions about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpoling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Bigsby unit: questions about Reply with quote

Greetings,

I know a number of you are long-time users of the JAS guitar, and my questions have to do with the Bigsby tremolo unit. Does it stay in tune with moderate use? Not dive-bombing, of course. When bending strings, is there enough tension in the unit to keep the other strings in tune? For example, if I bend the high e string from d to e, does the low e drop way out of tune? In terms of general chording and single string bending, runs, and playing, does a Bigsby stay in tune through an evening? I've an older Firebird and newer Strat, each with quite different vibrato units, and find they're more or less fine--they require some adjustments, of course, but nothing dramatic, nor dramatically different from a stop tailpiece. Occassionally vibratos are temperamental, but not enough to give up the tangible liveliness that comes from a guitar with such units.

Any insights and experiences from the long-term use of this guitar with a Bigsby I would much appreciate.

Many thanks,

John
lefty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't experienced any tuning problems with my Bigsby-equiped Johnny A. I don't use the Bigsby for much, usually just a light vibrato shimmer, but even so, I do not have tuning problems during a two-hour gig.
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no experience with a Bigsby other than seeing Johnny A. play the same guitar through an entire show, and it sounds just as good at the end as in the beginning. And, his sound it set up so clean and clear, that if it did go out of tune at all, it would be noticeable, I'm sure...

~JZ~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: