Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where could I check one out? Did you? How did you order you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Where could I check one out? Did you? How did you order you Reply with quote

The Custom shop says they don't keep track of dealers' inventories. (I didn't have that problem with the smaller luthiers. ) So I can't find one without calling every shop within 500 miles. Bummer.

Did you folks get to check your gits out before buying?

Did anyone go directly throught the custom shop??

Would anyone know of a Washington DC area JA I could check out? Even if not for sale.. I'll buy you a beer or three!
chrisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Visit the JAR Reply with quote

Howdy man, drop by www.steelpots.com/jar.htm it's the Johnny A. Guitar Registry and you'll be able to see if anyone is "registered" near DC plus you'll get to see who's got what for sale in the way of JA guitars. I think there were a couple people in your neck of the woods.

I think most folks who are buying these guitars are buying them via the net or phone and don't normally have the chance to play one before buying. Since you're talking about a Custom Shop guitar NORMALLY they are set up well and play great. (Occasionally there is a glitch but it's the exception and not the rule).

Unless you're a member of Custom Direct, you can't personally order a JA from the custom shop but you can have your authorized Gibson Dealer order one for you. I've chatted with 50 plus owners and only a couple have had guitar problems and Gibson appeared to work very hard to resolve them.

These are great guitars and if you get one I'm confident you'll dig it!! If you do score one please drop by www.steelpots.com/jar.htm and register your axe.
griz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: How did you get yours? Reply with quote

Hey Chris, Thanks very much. the JAR is a great site! Congrats!

The only one in my area is a lefty.. oh well. But it was great to see the different finishes that folks have ordered. I'm doing my homework on this.. I'll get back to ya if I buy one.

Any body else out there care to tell me how you went about buying yours??
Bigs_Bee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Where could I check one out? Did you? How did you order Reply with quote

griz wrote:
The Custom shop says they don't keep track of dealers' inventories. (I didn't have that problem with the smaller luthiers. ) So I can't find one without calling every shop within 500 miles. Bummer.

Did you folks get to check your gits out before buying?

Did anyone go directly throught the custom shop??

Would anyone know of a Washington DC area JA I could check out? Even if not for sale.. I'll buy you a beer or three!

Garret Park Guitars, Annapolis, MD 410-267-6200
chrisa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: A JA in Washington DC Reply with quote

Hey brother, Just wanted to let you know that the a guy in DC just registered his JA on the JAR. He said I could pass his e-mail address on to you if you're interested. Drop me a line at chrisa@core.com the JAR address is www.steelpots.com/jar.htm
griz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again CA! Dave was very helpful. I'M GETTING CLOSE to pulling the trigger here.. can't decide if the quilted top or naturals are worth the extra geets... git-geets!
griz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: JA246 has a home Reply with quote

http://www.steelpots.com/ja/pages/ja_246.htm

Thanks Dave Chris Custom Shop guys and especially Steve at Wildwood Guitars.. I've got a beauty.

Nothing helped more than the JA registry. What a great resource!
Gitfiddler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griz, that is a true black quilted beauty! Congratulations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> The Johnny A. Guitar All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: