Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index

Johnny A. Discussion
The Official Johnny A. Discussion Board

www.JohnnyA.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for Johnny A. - please post them here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Billy! How's it goin' for you eh?

The last JA show I went to people were screamin' out "Wichita Lineman!!!" when he came back out to do the encore and then I thought, gee, I don't remember him doin' that song in any of the shows that I've been to yet, so I was just checkin'!

BTW...that date for the Austin City Limits in TX...is that to do a show for tv?

Thanks!
bclaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwinFlame wrote:
BTW...that date for the Austin City Limits in TX...is that to do a show for tv?

Thanks!

I'll ask John, but I believe it is...

He used to do Wichita all of the time early on... now it's less often but he does play it still.
chrisa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Austin City Limits Reply with quote

John gave me a call last night to shoot the breeze in the course of conversation I did ask about the Austin City Limits gig and it is for Radio and is not a television gig.
Gitfiddler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cris A.,

Next time you have contact with Johnny A., (are you brothers?), please tell him we are all waiting to SEE him in any recorded venue. Austin City Limits seems to be the perfect venue for him, but we'll take what we can get. But radio?? Man, we want to see him play!

Also, a DVD of his concerts would be nice too.

Am I asking too much? Very Happy

Be well, my friend!
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris A for the info, but I'm with Gitfiddler on this one! Radio shmadio! He needs to be on the TV, live and in color for everyone to see!

I think I'll see if I can email Austin City Limits and make that suggestion! Who's with me?

Thanks to all!
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! I found the email addy and sent one off with my suggestion! I found it on their website. It's at the bottom of the page when you go into the "artists" section (or probably any section)....just click on it and voila! Type away!

It reads as follows: acl@klru.org.

Maybe if they get enough of our emails we can get this to happen!

Come on everyone...we can do this! Let's try!

Thanks!
chrisa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: JA on TV/Video/DVD Reply with quote

Hi guys, nope, I'm not JAs brother. I've been using chrisa for logins and e-mail address stuff for years so it's simply a coincidence that JA and I have the same last initial. Our last names are very different as are our guitar playing skills!!! Smile

Hey..I'm 100 percent with you guys, I would love to see some JA on DVD, TV whatever. We all know John's music is wonderful to listen to but for me personally, it's the live gigs that blow me away. A stripped down combo playing great tunes and the sound quality is always primo. The visuals of this guy playing speak volumes.
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you all know that I received an email back from ACL telling me "Thanks for writing Austin City Limits. Your comments will be forwarded to the show's producers"!!!

Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!

Hopefully, if they get enough of our emails, we will be seeing our guy on tv preferably in the near future!!

Thanks!
JohnnyZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwinFlame wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know that I received an email back from ACL telling me "Thanks for writing Austin City Limits. Your comments will be forwarded to the show's producers"!!!

Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!

Hopefully, if they get enough of our emails, we will be seeing our guy on tv preferably in the near future!!

Thanks!

I also sent ACL an email and got the same reply as above. I have this feeling that if they get enough requests, they'll probably do it. I'm going to try to recruit some people over in the Robben Ford forum...

~JZ~

P.S. Maybe kirk with his online-discussion forms network can pull some weight?
TwinFlame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go JZ!!!!!

Thanks!!
Aja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: saw Johnny for the first time last week in San Diego Reply with quote

I'm a recent convert to the Church of A., and finally got to see John live (and meet him) last week. One of the best guitar players I've ever heard, and truly a pleasure to hear someone that doesn't hide behind shredding, distortion, etc. But I did have one teeny tiny complaint-no "Ignorance is Bliss", "Bundle of Joy"? Is it because we're not supposed to be into anything with a twang out here in surfer land? Well, we are! Those are two of the best tunes! Please include them on the next swing out here!

After the show I immediately ordered "Sometime Tuesday Morning". I can't wait-"Get Inside was the best thing I heard all year, and I couldn't stop playing it (still can't). I took it on a road trip to Utah-picture "Sway a Little" while driving through red rock country.........

Thanks again, John!

Aja
Cactus Jim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Road Music & ACL Reply with quote

I've got to agree with AJA. Johnny's music is great over the road. I'm also going to give an E-Mail to ACL. I saw Johnny live in Austin at a concert in the park down by the river, and it was amazing. The sounds that come from just three people on stage was unbelievable. I got to talk to him after the show, which was a real treat. Not too many people will work that hard on stage and then visit with people afterwards too. What a nice guy! I hope nobody trys to give him advice on how to "improve" his sound or his recording methods. I've heard lots of recordings that put you "down front", but Johnny's recordings makes me feel like I'm sitting on a stool with a big Gibson in my lap!
Otis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any special tricks for Bigsby that you could share? I saw you recently in Napa Ca. and you didn't have any problems with tuning that I could discern. I love my JA guitar but even after a lot of tweaking and a pro set up it's still giving me grief when I shake hands with Bigsby. Thanks for the inspiration. Otis
Nofallo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Otis,

1. What method and how many wraps around the posts for your strings.
2. Do your strings ever "ping" at the nut when you are tuning.

After you answer these I may be able to help with solutions to perfect Bigsby Heaven.

Nofallo
bclaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of Johnny's recent shows was video'd for DVD... probably an instructional one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Johnny A. Discussion Forum Index -> Johnny A. Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: