Mike Landau Discussion :: View topic - Landau/Olivia Newton John in Concert??
Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index

Mike Landau Discussion
The Mike Landau Discussion Forum

www.mikelandau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Landau/Olivia Newton John in Concert??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjpierce

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Landau/Olivia Newton John in Concert?? Reply with quote

Hey all!

First of WOW!!!! A Michael Landau dicussion board!!! At least there is some place that I can get some info on this guy that I recently got turned on to (just received "Tales from the Bulge" and I'm just BLOWN away).

Anywho, question;

Many many years ago on HBO, Olivia Newton John had a live concert that had aired. I could swear I remember seeing the name Michael Landau as the guitarist on that gig. Does anyone remember that show? Was it Landau? Does anyone have that show on tape?

Peace!

Tom
Bode

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I rented that video...that was waaaaaay back in 1983 I think...Mike was sessioning for that gig with Buzz Feiten. Would love to see that video again!

(Banner Designed at Losfer Words Records)
alex tc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i have that on VHS it's burried away somewhere but i'll have a look
if anybody is interested. I live in north of england and i've found it impossible to get M.L albums (i dont have any)so mayby we could do a swap.

Thanks

Alex
Junglewalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Landau/Olivia Newton John in Concert?? Reply with quote

Tom Scott put this band together for Olivia & it included Robert " Pops " Popwell ( Rascals / Crusaders ) , Mike Landau and the incomparable and utterly unique Buzz Feiten who should be a huge star .. this is the Buzz of I'm Buzzed , of course .
Mike L's association with Bob Bradshaw started on this tour I believe via Buzz who insisted Bob be part of the sound crew .
Buzz played the quite superb solo on Physical ( footage available on You Tube .. just type in Buzz Feiten ) .. Mike L played one too .
A VHS is available - rarae but available .
Anybody who has not done so should check Buzz out - Full Moon ( 71 ) - is the album to strat ( I mean start ) with , Neil Larsens lovely albums esp Jungle Fever & High Gear, the Larsen/ Feiten Band albums , the Rascals Island of Real ( with Pops & from which comes Buzz's rhythm masterpiece Junglewalk ) , Dave Weckl Band ( Synergy & Rhythm of The Soul ) , Whirlies , New Full Moon .
Master guitar player ... utterly unique .
I'd love to hear from any fellow Buzz admirers .. we need to make some noise and get Buzz out there working .
Bode

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAUCnunz5Ls&list=PLkIZiALtPosWs1A3Pz2k3rnLHGp57lbA3&index=2

A bit late but hey...still... Laughing

(Banner Designed at Losfer Words Records)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: