Mike Landau Discussion :: View topic - Landau's pickups
Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index

Mike Landau Discussion
The Mike Landau Discussion Forum

www.mikelandau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Landau's pickups
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Michael Landau Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juicemaker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have an Ohm-meter you could measure the dc resistance and compare it to the ratings on the Suhr website.
follow_the_music

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resha wrote:
Melodic Dreamer wrote:

Why? I've never tried it, but I've always thought it would cancel some frequencies because of the way Suhr explains its adjustment (via a little trigger or something similar, which I believe acts like the anti-feedback notch filter on some acuostics).

Have you got some experience on this point Melodic Dreamer? Smile

The BPSSC does not work like a notch filter, which is a simple EQ. It works like a dummy coil, which cancels out the hum like a second coil in a humbucker as it is out of phase to the PU signal. I used the BPSSC with some guitar and it works great and does not change the tone. In my opinion it's more about "mojo" if you hear some difference, although the reaction with some pedals can be slightly different because the BPSSC raises the impedance of the PU a little bit.
But on my most used strat I use Kinman PUs, they are killer. The Blues set sounds quite similar to the MLs, but a little more even.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Michael Landau Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: