Mike Landau Discussion :: View topic - Hello everyone; can't believe this site exists!
Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index

Mike Landau Discussion
The Mike Landau Discussion Forum

www.mikelandau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Hello everyone; can't believe this site exists!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy69

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone; can't believe this site exists! Reply with quote

Hey, my name's Andy and I thought I'd introduce myself.
I've been a guitarist since the early 70's, and a huge Landau fan since 1983. My dad took me to my first 'big' gig at the NEC in Birmingham, England to see Joni Mitchell on the Wild Things Run Fast tour. I'd never seen anything like it, and in the hundreds of gigs I've been to and played since still haven't. He was very young back then, and aged 13 my eyes were opened wide. The band was incredible; Larry Klein, Colaiauta ( can't remember who was on Keys ) , and Landau's playing was just awesome, not to mention tone! The highlight being an incredible outtro solo to 'Amelia' with the band slowly leaving him on stage alone to play for maybe 2 minutes. Still sends chills down the spine. He also used some kind of Expression / Stereo Pan pedal, which threw his sound around the Arena in the most mesmeric way. I have the tour programme somewhere, and I'll try and post the band pic, when I get chance.
Anyway here's to much discussion, and who knows maybe I'll even finally get to learn to play Underwear!
Cheers Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: