Mike Landau Discussion :: View topic - Mike's volume pot for humbucker
Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index

Mike Landau Discussion
The Mike Landau Discussion Forum

www.mikelandau.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Chat Users Currently Chatting   

Mike's volume pot for humbucker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Michael Landau Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Jack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Mike's volume pot for humbucker Reply with quote

Hi folks! I have a question, does you know which volume pot Mike uses in his stratocaster? I'd like to know that because I have a strat with HSS configuration and I'm undecided on which volume pot to mount... 250 or 500K? thank you!
ahardmark

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike's guitars are wired so that the humbucker sees 500k and the single coils see 250k. You need a mega 4-pole 5-way switch to do this. You could try emailing John Suhr for a wiring diagram. From John Suhr:

Quote:
Mike has the Humbucker "see" a 500K Volume and 500K tone with .022 cap for positions 1 and 2 no auto split bucker in the combo

Positions 3,4,5 see a 250K Volume and tone with a .047 cap

No cap/resistor treble bleed on the Volume
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mike Landau Discussion Forum Index -> Michael Landau Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: