Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Fender Deluxe Reverb RI

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Fender Deluxe Reverb RI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
62strat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Fender Deluxe Reverb RI Reply with quote

As most of you know I got my Deluxe ReverbRI about a week or Two ago and I have a question for anyone who has used one of the RI's. Have you noticed that the Vibrato Channel Input 1 is pretty bright compared to Normal Channel Input 1? My next question is when setting this amp up where should I set my Treble and Bass settings? I'm playing with my '62 American Vintage Strat mainly, which has prettybright pick-ups as it is so I don't want to give it to much treble. This amp is probably the easiest amp in the world to set up considering there is only Volume, Bass, Treble, Reverb, Speed and Intensity (vibrato). You cant really mess up Volume, Bass, Treble my question is aimed more toward "How Would You?" set it to combat the brightness of this channel? Keep in mind I also have a TS9 tubescreamer that I can add to it for a little kick in the nuts.

HELP ME....

Thanks,
Jay

P.S Is BRIGHTNESS a word? Very Happy

Last edited by 62strat on Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ron S

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: This may help..... Reply with quote

Hi
I don't know if the wiring is the same but I used to own a RI '63 Vibroverb, two input, Bright/vibrato and normal. I think the brightness of the vibrato channel is normal as there is usually a few dbs more in this channel. (I'm no tech so forgive me if this is bs). Anyhow I remember having the same sort of prob til I read that the treble/bass config means you have a 'hidden' mid control i.e the amount of mid is preset and directly affected by the bass and treble controls. I seem to remember having the bass full and the treble at about 6 to bring the mid out although when the band got loud I would have to drop the bass down abit to cut through. The ts9 would be Gain at 1-2'o clock, tone at 12 'o clock and level at 12/1 'o clock. Another thing I found is if you're practising at home using the TS turning the amp up and the level down ( say eight 'o clock) on the ts gave a really nice warm sound. Though remember to turn it down before you turn off the ts Shocked I scared the **** out of myself a few times with that one. Laughing

have fun
Ron
62strat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Ron, I'll try that out today. I'll keep ya posted.

If you think of any other tricks give me a shout.
62strat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Troy, when we talked about me getting my Deluxe Reverb didn't you tell me that your Fargen was a lot like a Deluxe Reverb? If so how does your take effects? Ron how does your DRRI do with effects? mainly a wah pedal my amp doesn't seem to like my Vox wah very much maybe because the amp is still VERY new nothing is broken in and the speaker hasn't loosen'd up yet i don't know I HOPE IT WILL TAKE EFFECTS. not that I use them all the time but I do use them and was thinking about adding a few new pedals to the arsenal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: