Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Hey Bluzplaya....

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hey Bluzplaya....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
62strat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Hey Bluzplaya.... Reply with quote

You mainly use Boss pedals right? why did you choose to go with the DS-1 instead of the Blues Driver? the B.Driver can get pretty dirty if need be. I was just wondering if there was something Iwas missing about the DS-1 besides that you can get one now for like $39.99 which is INSANE.

will you post a list of your pedals? mainly your Boss pedals.

I was thinking about adding a few pedals to my arsenal and I was considering Boss pedals like the CE-5 Chorus Ensemble and maybe the DD-3 Digital Delay. I can't really see paying the price for MOST of the boutique pedals. For how little I actually use pedals it wouldn't be a smart investment for me. I only use a pedal when I can hear something in my head and can't get it with just the guitar and amp sometimes you have to add that little something extra. I don't use effects to get my tone like what has kinda become a common thing these days. If you can't get good tone out of you guitar and amp first you will never get it by trying to add a pedal. IMHO
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Bluzplaya.... Reply with quote

62strat wrote:
You mainly use Boss pedals right? why did you choose to go with the DS-1 instead of the Blues Driver? the B.Driver can get pretty dirty if need be. I was just wondering if there was something Iwas missing about the DS-1 besides that you can get one now for like $39.99 which is INSANE.

will you post a list of your pedals? mainly your Boss pedals.

I was thinking about adding a few pedals to my arsenal and I was considering Boss pedals like the CE-5 Chorus Ensemble and maybe the DD-3 Digital Delay. I can't really see paying the price for MOST of the boutique pedals. For how little I actually use pedals it wouldn't be a smart investment for me. I only use a pedal when I can hear something in my head and can't get it with just the guitar and amp sometimes you have to add that little something extra. I don't use effects to get my tone like what has kinda become a common thing these days. If you can't get good tone out of you guitar and amp first you will never get it by trying to add a pedal. IMHO

hey man i hope i was able to describe those pedals well enough over the phone earlier. The CE-5, DD-3, and DS-1 were all recommendations from Chris D. He explained to me how he got the best sounds out of each one (even though the real secret weapon to his tone is a Diaz treble booster set to the mid boost) and for the price you cant beat Boss stuff.

My pedal board looks like this:

boss tu2 tuner - vox wah - boss ds1 - modded boss ge7 EQ - boss ce5 chorus - boss dd3 delay ----> into my amp

I really like the ds-1 distortion over the tubescreamer because it's alot more versatile. It's possible to cover alot more ground with it. Just a turn of the distortion knob and you can get alot of different tones.

The ce-5 is great because you can get a really good, convincing leslie type sound with it if you turn the speed and rate up, and turn the tone knob on your guitar down...sounds great for rhythm.

have fun with your new toys man and let me know what you think!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: