Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Joe Bonamassa is my hero!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Joe Bonamassa is my hero!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Joe Bonamassa is my hero! Reply with quote

Hey everybody, I just got back from the Joe Bonamassa concert tonight at the Wausau Big Bull Blues Fest. It was a fan-freakin-tastic show; one of the best I've ever seen. He started off with a raucous acoustic solo on "Woke Up Dreamin," then moved into some awesome slide guitar on Travellin' South and The River. Then he did some great blues jams, "Mountain Time," "Takin' The Hit" and a few others. He ended with a long extended version of Had To Cry Today for the encore. Honestly I can't remember all the songs because it seems like such a blur!

Anyway, after the show was the real treat. You see, I had been talking to this guy Tony who I believe is the road manager or something for Joe. I am sort of the unofficial "guitar tabber" at the Joe Bonamassa forum and he liked my work. I had some requests for tabs but I said I couldn't do them because I didn't have the CD's "A New Day Yesterday" or "A New Day Yesterday Live." He emailed me and said No Problem! I'll send you a couple of autographed CD's. And then when he found out I was attending the show in Wausau, WI this weekend he said "just come up to the merchandise tent after the show and I'll give you the CD's and you can meet Joe."

So that's exactly what I did. After the show was over I got to meet with Joe as he signed my JB T-shirt and they gave me the autographed CD's. They were really nice and supportive! Definately the best thing that's ever happened to me at a concert. WOW
Check out the first two pictures on my webpage of the signed album covers:
http://brennanlentz.i8.com/photo.html

I still can't get over it! That guy is awesome.
-Brennan
62strat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey B, will you do me a favor and make a sound clip of you playing your guitar that has the Van Zandt Rock pickups in it?

I would like to be able to hear the pickups played clean and then played with some od. I just want to get a better idea of what they sound like before I get them.

If you would be cool with making the sound file will you do one just guitar and amp no fx, then another one with guitar, amp and Mild OD and then Heavy OD.

The only reason I'm SO specific is because I only use guitar, overdrive and amp. NO OTHER EFFECTS.....

Thanks In Advance,
Jay
I'm still married to my first wife, she's a '59 Stratocaster. I've always called her my first wife. She don't talk back to me she talks for me. She don't scream at me she screams for me and sho has a sweet tone when she do....
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on it
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me with your email address and I will send them.

I made three demo tracks:

clean demo
overdrive demo
heavy drive demo
62strat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they have a SRV feel??? Very Happy

scarznstarz@comcast.net is my email

THANKS ALOT BRO!!!!!!
I'm still married to my first wife, she's a '59 Stratocaster. I've always called her my first wife. She don't talk back to me she talks for me. She don't scream at me she screams for me and sho has a sweet tone when she do....
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, you be the judge on that.

(short answer, yes) Very Happy

One more email is coming, but my internet access was cut off today (network problems). I'll get it there soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: