Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Whatever happened to Lenny?

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Whatever happened to Lenny?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicIsMyLife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Whatever happened to Lenny? Reply with quote

Although I have been an enormous SRV fan for years, I never really learned much about his personal life. I've not read any SRV books but I have come across a few bios. She is not mentioned, except their wedding between sets in Austin one night & their eventual divorce. What was she like & what were her influences on Stevie? Did they have any kids? What became of Lenora Bailey Vaughan?
hide_away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...here's what I can tell ya.
Lenny and Stevie were married in between sets at the Rome Inn on Dec. 23, 1979. Their marriage was a rocky and tumultuous one...they fought a lot...fought hard to drive each other away...and fought hard to hang onto each other. She was THE true love of his life and always loved her...even after the divorce. He knew he didn't give her an easy life with him and once he got clean and sober he realized that her leaving was really the only choice she had. As far as I know....they didn't have any children together. They divorced sometime in 1988 at the urging of his then-girlfriend Janna Lapidus whom he met in New Zealand...she was a photographer/model/aspiring actress who appeared briefly in Weekend At Bernie's...Stevie proposed to Janna at some point in late 1989 I believe and the rest we all know.
As for what Lenny is doing now....last I heard she left the Austin area and I think she's been remarried for some time. Not sure of this info...just what I've learned.
All 3 of the women in Stevie's life.....Lenny, Janna, and Mama V. are very private people...although Mama V. did publically address Stevie's fans several years back with a letter. I'll try and find it and post it for y'all.

My brother Jimmie always said I played like I was breaking out of jail.
~Stevie Ray Vaughan
MusicIsMyLife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Thanks, hide away Reply with quote

I appreciate your background on Lenny. For some reason, I was very curious about her - didn't quite understand why they split up after Stevie got clean. Yes, I found & read the letter from Martha Vaughan - it is truly inspiring and a testimony of her love for both of her sons & Tommy Shannon, as well. You can find her letter at http//www.SRV1toME.com
There was a request on this website not to hyperlink any material, but anyone can visit & share Ms. Vaughan's wonderful blessing for her family.

Thanks again.
hide_away

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie and Lenny split before he got clean...but he didn't file for divorce until after. I honestly think he always held out hope that they would get back together.

~Stevie Ray Vaughan
hide_away

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some new info on Lenny. Her father passed away recently...and here's his obituary.

DON R. BAILEY
KINGSLAND — Don R. Bailey, 73, of Kingsland, Texas, passed away on Wednesday, May 5, 2004. Don was born on Dec. 15, 1930, in Iraan, Texas, to Donald and Dorothy Bailey. He had lived in Kingsland since 1995, coming here from Llano. Don married his wife, Lenora, on July 17, 1957, in San Angelo, Texas. He had served his country for 22 years in the U.S. Army, and he was a veteran of the Korean War and Vietnam. He also worked for the civil service as an aircraft engineer. He was preceded in death by both his parents; his wife in 1998; son-in-law Stevie Ray Vaughan; one sister, Katherine Gilbert; and one brother, Jim Bailey. Survivors include his three daughters, “Lenny” Vaughan of Isla Mujeres, Mexico, Zana Bailey-King and husband Billy Joe King Jr. of Lago Vista, Katrina Bierschwale of Cedar Park and future son-in-law Bobby Fiske of Brumley, England; two sisters, Barbara Orosco of Houston and Patricia Schneider of Iraan; brothers, Johnny Bailey of Fort Stockton, Jerry Bailey of Crane, Bill Bailey of Fort Stockton and Jackie Bailey of New Jersey; two grandchildren, Crystal Belle Cobb and Austin Quinn Bierschwale; and numerous nieces and nephews, including nephew, Mason Gilbert of Modesto, Calif. Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 12, in Live Oak Cemetery in Eden, Texas, with the Rev. Lustere Lockett officiating. In lieu of flowers, memorials may go to any charity of choice.

~Stevie Ray Vaughan
hide_away

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a pic of Janna Lapidus-Leblanc with a fan from 1999.

~Stevie Ray Vaughan
srvfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I guess Lenny isn't married any longer to Randy Cobb, did I remember his name correctly? I noticed she's listed as Lenny Vaughan.

Chris
Johnny Riz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

".....Survivors include his three daughters, “Lenny” Vaughan of Isla Mujeres, Mexico..."

So I guess she's living in Mexico...? .....doubtful she's living alone in Mx.

"...I am by no means wise or special. I'm just like everyone else - trying to get through life leaving a little more than I take." - Tommy Shannon
Lee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Habla Espanol? Reply with quote

www.geocities.com/bumdreu888/nayoguitarra.html

Google will translate from Spanish to English. I found it by searching for,

Isla Mujeres "Lenny Vaughan"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: