Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Why O Why is their NOT a legal Video of This

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Why O Why is their NOT a legal Video of This

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jolo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Why O Why is their NOT a legal Video of This Reply with quote

Very Happy I would like to hear if anyone knows more than me about this.

I think one of the best recorded informal music shows were the historical SRV sitting in with Albert King on Canadian TV.

It has been on of my favorite albums for several years. I have searched for a distributed copy of the concert and I never have seen one.

I have to admit that I have a rather good and well filtered DVD that I am sure was taken from someones Video Tape copy of the show.

I don't know of any type of meeting like that where there was two generations of great, great guitarists. Albert, who is pure, 100% Blues man and one of the most innovative and most copied Bluesman and how he related to SRV and the respect and affection SRV had for Big Albert.

The music was great, but the CD of the music doesn't show how unbelievably informal the sessions were. The set had nothing really in it. They was a superb band, especially that pianist.

Heck, one of the scenes had Albert, SRC others from the band standing and dancing ()well sort of), while SRV and Albert played.

Albert lighting his pipe. The Albert almost backwards in his chair while laughing from the fun he had, when he asked SRV to play Pride And Joy.

Okay, is this masterpiece and historically important session ever going to be released ?? Who the heck owns it? I actually called the PBS station in Canada that played the show. They had no rights to it. They blamed Corporate bull on why it was not released.

Jon
Soul_Taker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy has the complete unedited show...

http://www.stevieray.com/
http://www.stevieray.com/videos/disc_06.htm

Set list (unedited):
- warm up jam (inc)
- break / set up
- Texas Flood
- "pickin' cotton picker"
- Stormy Monday
- "old times"
- Pride and Joy
- "turn it over"
- Ask Me No Questions
- break
- Born Under a Bad Sign
- Blues at Sunrise
- A-minor jam
- Overall Junction
- Matchbox Blues
- "beautiful time"
- The Sky Is Crying
- "pep talk"
- Don't Lie To Me
- "who is Stevie?"
- Outskirts of Town
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: