Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Which Guitar...

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Which Guitar...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of Stevie's guitars (excluding number one) sounds the best??
Charley
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Lenny
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Butter
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Red
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hamiltone
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Yellow
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

hawk5211

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Which Guitar... Reply with quote

Which of Stevie's guitars (excluding number one) sounds the best in your opinion. I personally like lenny, red and the hamiltone, but ill have to chose lenny.

Cheers

Hawk

PS: decided to leave #1 out, lemme know if we should put it in the poll, or if there area any others i should add.
Redhouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say Charley or better known as Lipstick. The Dano pickups have a tone all there own. The way these guitars were built, they play and resonant like no other guitar I've played. Put a Charley's through a nice warm tube amp and you got tone for days.

The Hamiltone is really nice too, I played one and I'm working on owning one.
hawk5211

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persoanlly i cant stand the sound of charley, but thats a personal thing. One queestion, did they ever find yellow?
I mean i know it was stolen, but im getting conflicting reports on whether or not its been recovered.

Hawk
deepblues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the red one that Alan Haynes plays. Saw him in Joes in Austin - killer sound, great musician and a really good guy.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Like them all Reply with quote

Since i cant pick number 1,and life without you is my favourite srv track,and have seen srv mostly playing it on charley would pick that one for its sound,though i wish it had a whammy bar on it,and do those pickups then give it that sound,because the look ugly to me.
And the hamiltone has a nice sound as dose the red one,i like all them strat sounds for shure. Cool
Redhouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dano pickups and SRV give Charley "that" tone and I don't think their ulgy at all.

Here's my Charley's.

Deezer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, it's not too good. A beater of a guitar. You don't need to be playing that. I'll give you 50 bucks for it. Laughing
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Nice guitar Reply with quote

Nice guitar,still prefer the original strat pickups though and number 1 the most. Cool
Redhouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deezer wrote:
Eh, it's not too good. A beater of a guitar. You don't need to be playing that. I'll give you 50 bucks for it. Laughing

Add a comma, three more zero's and you might get a deal. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: