Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - favorite artists other than SRV???

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

favorite artists other than SRV???

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: favorite artists other than SRV??? Reply with quote

who else do you guys listen to???

i'm a fan of Stevie Wonder even more than I am Stevie Ray. He's my all time favorite musician.
hawk5211

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its alot of the guys who influenced Stevie, guys like BB and Albert King, Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, Jimi Hendrix. Im also into alot of guitar player music, so your Joe Satriani's and Steve Vai's, and also EVH. Quite a spread.

Hawk
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: So many Reply with quote

Ok i listen to every week hendrix,srv,doyle bramhall II and his different groups like arc angels and solo stuff with eric clapton etc..,eric gales,little jimmy king,eric clapton in some form cream/dominos etc..,indigenous,uli roth,john mayer,santana,fun lovin criminals,kelly clarkson.Also i would listen to in that month also some funkadelic/parliament,doyle bramhall,the meters,the fabulous thunderbirds and some of my tribute cds/tapes of hendrix. Cool
And listen to radio a lot,but like many other artist though i may not have there albums like to listen too like elvis,lots 50's and 70's music and 80's to now,rock,hard rock/metal,blues,soul,pop,r&b hip hop,classical etc...Of course dont like some styles to much like techno and death type metal or some country stuff,opera etc.. Laughing
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: So many Reply with quote

Christopher X wrote:
Ok i listen to every week hendrix,srv,doyle bramhall II and his different groups like arc angels and solo stuff with eric clapton etc..,eric gales,little jimmy king,eric clapton in some form cream/dominos etc..,indigenous,uli roth,john mayer,santana,fun lovin criminals,kelly clarkson.Also i would listen to in that month also some funkadelic/parliament,doyle bramhall,the meters,the fabulous thunderbirds and some of my tribute cds/tapes of hendrix. Cool
And listen to radio a lot,but like many other artist though i may not have there albums like to listen too like elvis,lots 50's and 70's music and 80's to now,rock,hard rock/metal,blues,soul,pop,r&b hip hop,classical etc...Of course dont like some styles to much like techno and death type metal or some country stuff,opera etc.. Laughing

wow...cant believe you listen Fun Lovin Criminals. My manager now used to manage them and did so for about 8 years. He was workin with them when they recorded their hit song "Scooby Snacks".

good to see that name again!
Deezer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Bonamassa, Derek Trucks, KWS, ZZ Top, Jonny Lang, Eric Sardinas, Doyle Bramhall II, Chris Duarte, Clapton, Indigenous, Hendrix, Robert Randolph, Levee Town (blues band from Kansas City) and Mark Sallings (great harmonica player). Also, old blues guys like Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Lightnin' Hopkins, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, Robert Johnson, the 3 Kings, Albert Collins, ect.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: So many Reply with quote

bluz_playa85 wrote:
Christopher X wrote:

wow...cant believe you listen Fun Lovin Criminals. My manager now used to manage them and did so for about 8 years. He was workin with them when they recorded their hit song "Scooby Snacks".

good to see that name again!

Yes i like them and huey morgan i think is a great guitar player,they mix there music up which is cool and the only sort of rap type music you could say the way huey does with his vocals i buy realy,liked them sicne they came out in 96 with there songs and album.I want to listen to some of the older blues players too a bit like howlin wolf and t.bone walker,freddie king etc.. Cool
Russell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmie Vaughan, Jimi, Madeleine Peyroux, Amy Winehouse, Matt Schofield, Danny Elfman, loads of different stuff.

Last CD was Blues Deluxe but not had time to play it yet!

Were doing a cover of a song called 'Loud Music Is a $40 Dollar Fine'. Ive got a poor copy on cassette to work with. I thought it was by Delbert McLinton, but I can't find it anywhere.

Does it ring any bells with you guys on the other side of the pond?
Redhouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love everybody posted, my top 5 would be:

1. Buddy Guy
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. SRV
4. Luther Allison
5. Lil Ed from Lil Ed and the Blues Imperials
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: