Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Who are your top 10 guitar players?

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Who are your top 10 guitar players?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Who are your top 10 guitar players? Reply with quote

Here are my other ones i listen too,my top 10.

1.Jimi hendrix
2.Stevie ray vaughan
3.Doyle bramhall II
4.Eric gales
5.Eric clapton
6.Little jimmy king
7.Mato nanji
8.John mayer
9.Uli jon roth
10.Carlos Santana

Some others i listen too aswell are huey morgan from the fun lovin criminals,eddie hazel from funkadelic etc..,jimmie vaughan when he was mostly with the fabulous thunderbirds.
Cool
hawk5211

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No laughing please.....

1 - Stevie Ray Vaughan
2 - Eric Clapton
3 - BB king
4 - Jimi Hendrix
5 - Robert Cray
6 - David Gilmor
7 - Gary Moore
8 - Joe Satriani
9 - Steve Vai
10 - Eric Johnson

I know Joe Satriani and Vai are shredders but i really like their stuff

Basically if its Blues or rock guitar from about 1965 to 1985, and its good, ill like it.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

thanks for the input hawk5211 see we have a few of the same,and you like srv more too,he is my 2nd as you see. Cool
Yes shredders not my thing realy,though uli is an influence on many of them,like malmsteen etc.. i read.
hawk5211

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant stand malmsteem. he did a version of voodoo shile on the g3 tour. It was disgraceful to say the least. I dont mind satch tho, he has a nice style and man can he ever play.....

Hawk

(no more posts from me ill be gone for a week and a bit later all)
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Saw it Reply with quote

hawk5211 wrote:
cant stand malmsteem. he did a version of voodoo shile on the g3 tour. It was disgraceful to say the least. I dont mind satch tho, he has a nice style and man can he ever play.....

Hawk

(no more posts from me ill be gone for a week and a bit later all)

Yes i saw it and did not like it realy,his singing was not to cool either,had that shred sound to it in those solo's,but thats part of his style too,satch and vai too was it on this or is that another dvd,but i like hendrix and srv and my other choices anyday. Cool
hawk5211

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah vai and satch were on that one. vai did a good rendition of little wing, hendrix style, i like that song alot and his version was ok for sure.

Hawk
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info hawk5211. Cool
hawk5211

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anytime. i fly whenever i see someone doing old hendrix or stevie songs. good to hear some new blood doing the old music.....

Hawk
Bloozman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. SRV
2. Walter Becker
3. Roy Buchanan
4. Dave Gilmour
5. Walter Trout
6. Derek Trucks
7. Robin Trower
8. Dicky Betts
9. Mel Galley
10. Tony Bourge
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Know some of them Reply with quote

I know some of those names Bloozman there,but a few i have no clue,and no hendrix at all,not your type of thing,or he is just below that 10 guys?,thanks.
Bloozman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you Google for them you'll find all those guitarists Chris, i don't know what it is about Hendrix but i never quite found his music something i could listen to for very long, he seemed more of an icon than a musical influence of mine.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: My favourite Reply with quote

No time for those other guys right now,i could listen to hendrix all the time easy,but thats just me,and he is an icon but great player and song writer,singer etc..Have you listend to that all blues album he did at all?,maybe because hendrixc his more rock,phsyedelic etc..,i dont mind that stuff myself,but like some blues also from him. Cool
Ted68

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Eric Clapton
2. David Grissom
3. Mike Henderson
4. Paul Barrere
5. Robbie Robertson
6. Dickey Betts
7. SRV
8. Waylon Jennings
9. Chet Atkins
10. Mitch Holder
hawk5211

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted68 wrote:
1. Eric Clapton
2. David Grissom
3. Mike Henderson
4. Paul Barrere
5. Robbie Robertson
6. Dickey Betts
7. SRV
8. Waylon Jennings
9. Chet Atkins
10. Mitch Holder

Im going to see Clapton in just over 2 months, and I can't wait.

Sorry just had to point that out as ive been waiting to see him for a while. The last time he came to my city was in 1988 and it would have been hard for me to be there.

Hawk
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Wish i could see Doyle bramhall II/Clapton Reply with quote

On the 27th of january claptons concert his coming to NZ,but the venue was to far from where i lived,and also the tickets sold out so fast in afew hours,so was no chance even on that,like its not even a main centre,some vineyards venue near napier it is i think.
I was realy wanting to see doyle bramhall II more,who i like more,though i was into clapton of course before i found out about doyle II in 1992 and who is playing guitar for him on this tour and has for a few years on tours too and albums/dvds etc..I also could have seen clapton on tour back in 1990,the same tour i think or anyway some months after the last concert SRV played at alpine valley in the u.s,i chickened out i think,never been to a concert before,17 and my brother who went to one of the 2 concerts had offered if i remember to pay for me,i regret it now though.

Just the same with seeing SRV the one time i knew of him,being 1989,he did this greenpeace gig,i think he closed it?,but i was about 16,no money,and my brother was not going,so no one to go with,dam i wish i had gone to this one some way the most ever.My first concert was only in 1992 to see buddy guy,then i have only seen a few since then,forget the years but saw some u.s blues/rock guitarist called robert knoll i think,then a few local guitar players doing a hendrix tribute concert,then in 1996 i think a concert to see santana.There was a lon gap for the next one though,being last year in novemeber 2006 to see john mayer,the acts i like are either dead or dont come to NZ,or like claptons one other circumstances get in the way,i even found out later that doyle II played NZ in 1989 in my city with the fabulous thunderbirds,dam that one too.
Ok sorry for the ramble,man i see this is realy long too,but then i should not have to say this again too i hope,a edited version maybe Laughing ,just i always seem to bring this up when reminded of similar things,anyway i see its my thread too,so it should not matter anyway. Laughing Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: