Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Indigenous

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Indigenous

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Indigenous Reply with quote

I know I'm a bit late (I'm a Limey), but I've just discovered some really good tracks by this band.

Anyone know their stuff. It borders between shameful SRV rip offs and more agressive Bramhall/Los Lonely rock.

Id like a couple of CD's.

Anyone recommend anything?
Redhouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indigenous is awesome, the guitar player Mato takes his influences like SRV and Hendrix and then adds his own touch and he's a very humble guy. The new album "Chasing The Sun" is one of the best. Track 9 "Leaving" just kick ass, the second guitar solo at the 4 minute mark is one of the coolest things I have heard in a while. I highly recommend their albums and seeing him live.

Live At Pachyderm Studio, has one of the truest Redhouse covers around. He really nails it and does an awesome job.
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like Mato because he has other influences you wouldn't normally think of after hearing him play...bands like the Black Crows and Smashing Pumpkins.

good to hear he is getting away from straight blues...
Christopher X

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Great guitar player Reply with quote

I like indigenous alot and mato's guitar playing etc..,i like the early albums which are great the first official album,things we do is great as is circle where mato and doyle bramhall II do a great guitar instrumental song and doyle II's dad is on it aswell in a few differnt forms. Cool
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: