Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - stevie compared to hendrix and others.

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

stevie compared to hendrix and others.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corona11

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know... ive never really watched jimmy vaughan play.. i need to.
Captain Planet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting so sick of some of these list. All these begginer guitarist are all into saying Jimi is the best and all it is BS, Don't get me wrong Jimi kicked ass but was not THAT great. He was just reveloutionary for his time, moved rock into a whole new dimension, and inspired many of our idols to such as stevie and others. I totally think Stevie did every cover way better than Hendrix himself and is definately better.
Redhouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm sick of is guys trashing Jimi with such disrespect, it's all over the other Guitar Forums.

Jimi laid the foundation for what is a Rock Lead Guitar Player and also took Blues were nobody before him did. Bands at that time did not want to go on after him. The Guitar gods of the time couldn't touch him and have many times over the years said he was the greatest. In three short years, he left a catalog of music that has inspired every guitar player since in some way.

Machine Gun is still the greatest guitar solo ever, so much so that music schools like Berkley and G.I.T. spend tons of time studying it and picking it apart.

Stevie dreamed of Jimi teaching him stuff in his sleep! Also you know Stevie thought Jimi was the greatest!

Jimi not THAT great???????? Everybody has been building off his foundation since!
Captain Planet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he was amazing and I've listened to him for soo long but, I just think its not true when people say he was the best there ever was because there are people that are better than him. I do agree on everything up ^ there. So don't get me wrong im not totally slapping him down or anything.
Deezer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimi is the most important, and Stevie is the best. All according to my opinion.
Captain Planet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, could not have put it better deezer......
corona11

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know about the Early Early stages of the Rolling Stones, when all they played was blues? I watched this documentary on blues on time, i forgot what it was called, but it had howlin wolf in it, and it showed the stones playing all this blues stuff and it was way rad. anyone know about this?
hawk5211

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimi is the most important, and Stevie is the best. All according to my opinion.

You mind if i use that one deezer, that just about sums up the two of them perfectly. Better, it doesnt offend anyone either, cuz some people get mad when i say that i think stevie is better than jimi... tho i think if jimi had lived longer he might have been better than stevie, but we cant speculate of that for sure can we.....

Hawk
Russell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deezer did put in 'his opinion'. I agree with him but he's right in saying its an opinion.

For the Stones get the first album and Beggars Banquet.

They're very Chuck Berry, Jimmy Reed in the early days, with a bit of Bo diddley and Muddy waters. Check the videos on YouTube.

steer away from anything after 1974.
corona11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how you put that sweetemotion16.
corona11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but the main thing that sets him apart was his vast imagination.

yess yess. Like after he went sky diving he tried to recreate the sounds of the wind on his guitar... he makes up a bunch of crazy awsome things like that

I still like srv better, but still.. hendrix is awsome too.
hawk5211

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO Music today would be nothing like it is if Hendrix had never been around. Its funny, i cant think of any good guitar player nowadays (so im sxcluding alot of current players) that doesnt quote hendrix as a major influence, not that im dissing anyone who doesnt listen to or learn from jimi. But its amazing how much he contributed and how he changed music in like what 3 and a half years......

Hawk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: