Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Hi I'm New

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hi I'm New

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloozman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Hi I'm New Reply with quote

I've only just discovered SRV and can't understand how i've missed what must be the most exciting, entertaining, foot tapping music i've ever heard.
I'm 48 and have been listening to music all my life but it wasn't until someone lent me SRV Live in Tokyo that i discovered the magic of this man and his guitar playing. As most of you are probably aware, he opens with Scuttle Buttin while sucking on that pipe ha ha.

Needless to say i then sought out as much music and video footage of this man i could lay my hands on, how could i not have known of him ? I've had Pride and Joy for years, but that was the only song i had of his.

I watch his concerts most every night "with a few beers" and am in awe of his blistering fretwork and his "Lenny" just sends me into the chill-out zone..

...anyway i'm pleased to join the forum and look forward to meeting other SRV fans.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Its pretty quiet here now days since i joined,but welcome,yea i know a few who found srv after he died,i herd about him in the later 80's and my brother had his last 2 albums,i got the others after he died.
I nearly could have seen him too sort of in 89 but did not,wish i had though,and srv played the u.k a few times the last being in 1988 if im right,im from new zealand and my favourite song of his is life without you. Cool
Bloozman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in answering your post Chris, i'd find it hard to have a favourite song of SRVs but Scuttle Buttin is a great favourite of mine. You said you were from NZ, are you living there or in the UK. I visited Dunedin and Timaru back in the 70's and i've still to this day never seen such beautiful scenery as NZ has to offer. By the way there's some good footage on youtube.com of SRV, some good stuff with Albert Collins etc, check it out. Like you said, it seems pretty quiet in this forum, never mind, it's a place to meet anyway.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: No problem Reply with quote

No worries,it is pretty slow here these days it seems,but as long as some are actualy here though still its fine.
Yes im from new zealand,born and bred,never lived anywhere else,and the youtube i have seen,but not fully as on dial up speed and not to good,on that site do you know how for shure to download the clips at all?,like do you need to join the site. Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: