Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Anyone ever listened to Corey Stevens......

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Anyone ever listened to Corey Stevens......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicIsMyLife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Anyone ever listened to Corey Stevens...... Reply with quote

with a band called Texas Flood? I have one CD - it's titled "Blue Drops of Rain". It was released in '95 - not sure if he has any other material out. He's a fair blues player. The album is very Stevie-ish - he tries to dress like SRV on the front jacket picture & one of his tracks is a pretty nice rendition of "Lenny" - the only SRV composition on the CD. Actually, Corey Stevens wrote most of the music on the album. Has anyone seen Corey perform & has he put out any other recordings?
TTrahan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Steven's latest CD I believe. It was god awful.

He played at a local bar here in Michigan, I couldn't make it out to see him, but I heard he was a monster player. I've also heard is earlier CDs were very good as far as guitar playing goes. I didn't hear it on the CD that I bought.
Blind Melon Chitlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to a few cuts off of "Road to Zen". Can't say it ever did anything for me one way or the other. His stuff is really white and I don't dig it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: