Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - MY SRV Tribute Strat - Number One Recreation

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

MY SRV Tribute Strat - Number One Recreation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just from my own experiences, every gearhead I have come across has insulted my Peavey Combo... But then I enlighten them with some playing... Cool

Sorry, but I just assumed you guys would think it sucked, since it's not exactly a blackface fender. But hey, I love it.
UncleSalty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it was a Peavey Bandit we might have to talk, but I think the Peavey Classics are incredible bargains.
Blind Melon Chitlin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, Eddie Van Halen uses a Peavey and so does Joe Satriani. There are some people who are just little gear nazis. They've got their puny, little minds made up about everything under the sun, and nothing you say or do can change that. There are other guys who think MESA/BOOGIEs are shit. I've got a MESA Blue Angel, which cost $1200 when I bought it, and I've had these diehard Fender boneheads actually tell me "It's not bad.....for a MESA." That's like saying "You're pretty hot for a fat girl." What it really amounts to is that a lot of people are whiny, little bitches, who try to disguise themselves as elitists, but all they are is chumps. Just remeber, the people who run at the mouth the most usually have the least to say.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little practice amp for my house is a Peavey Bandit, LOL!!!

I'm hurt Sad

Vaughanabe - another question. Did you relic the back of the neck on your SRV recreation? I would like to do that, but not sure how.

What kind of speakers are in your Peavey?

I prefer to call the gearheads that insult less expensive gear, or gear that doesn't have a cult following "gearsnobs". There's tons of 'em out there.

There's also "vintage snobs" Wink

If anyone falls into those categories, they are missing out on a world of great gear.
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a vintage snob (too poor for vintage gear, heh) but I PREFER vintage whenever possible. That's not to say I will insult somebody because there stuff ISN'T vintage. That would be rediculous.

TT, I actually bought this neck already reliced from a connection I have, but since then I have learned how to finish and relic strat necks. Hit me up on AIM if you want some info (Vaughanabe13). They look very good if you do it right, and it's pretty cheap to get the supplies.

The speakers in my Peavey right now are the stock Blue Marvel, which actually sound pretty good, but I might replace them in the future. I've A/B'd the Peavey against every small to mid range tube combo I could find and it smokes em all (especially in the clean channel!).

Oh, and my first amp was a Peavey Bandit 112!!! Good thing I sold it.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaughanabe13 wrote:

Oh, and my first amp was a Peavey Bandit 112!!! Good thing I sold it.

That's the exact amp I have, LOL!!
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, but do you have the old black/silver model or the newer black/red model with the vintage/modern switches?

I had the black and silver one. I bought it because it was the same amp that was in the practice room where I took my guitar lessons...that was back when I played punk rock. lol.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaughanabe13 wrote:
Ahh, but do you have the old black/silver model or the newer black/red model with the vintage/modern switches?

I had the black and silver one. I bought it because it was the same amp that was in the practice room where I took my guitar lessons...that was back when I played punk rock. lol.

Mine's the new one (damn, not vintage) with the vintage/modern switches. It's even got scorched tolex, these are the really rare one's, you can only get one if you're lucky to enough to have it caught in an electrical fire! Shocked

My mother bought me this when I was a freshman in High School (about 6-7 years ago). She said that she would buy that new amp I wanted if I didn't go on Spring Break with my buddies. So, I ended up getting the amp and I Boss GT-3 floor unit, LOL. Those were the days. I rippin' off my best impressions of "Crazy Train" and every Metallica song I could think of....wow, that's awesome.
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I tried making a few quick recordings but I broke a string in the middle of the first one so I'll have to hit up the guitar shop this weekend.

So far I haven't had much luck with recording sound quality. Sad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: