Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Get The Word Out...

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Get The Word Out...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MusicIsMyLife

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Get The Word Out... Reply with quote

about this board / forum. I know it's pretty new, but it's pretty inactive. Very few daily posts & responses. Tell your friends & neighbors - we need some folks here. Maybe most people have forgotten about Stevie since he hasn't been with us for the past 14 years. Maybe this isn't going to work as an SRV forum - perhaps just a blues board or something. Anyway, Stevie lives on - his spirit and amazing talent. Stevie Ray Vaughan is the definition of an American music legend. Keep listening to his beautiful music & spread the word.
hide_away

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted the link in a bulletin over at MySpace.com. Most of my friends over there are musicians and lovers of blues. Let's see if we can't get this house a'rockin'.
There are several yahoo SRV groups out there. We need to start posting the link at all of them. Wink
Another thought....we need to go to the MTV and VH1 forums and post a link there too....those forums are swimming with guitarists and musicians.

My brother Jimmie always said I played like I was breaking out of jail.
~Stevie Ray Vaughan
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been post links to the forum and all the killer photos up on:

The Gear Page
The Guitar Diner
Guitar Player
And a bunch more...

Any of you guys hang on the Fender Discussion Page (FDP)? I posted links to all the SRV photos up here and Chris Greene threw me off the forum for spamming and self promoting. What a jerk! I wrote him like 4 emails and he won't change his mind.

Somebody please explain how SRV photos and Fender are not a perfect fit? I can't believe this guy?

Quote:

On Nov 24, 2004, at 9:59 AM, <greene@northrim.net> wrote:

Can't log on......

kirk95b?

What's up?

You lied about your real name in your registration and your only
reason for being here was to promote yourself and your website.
Please peddle it elsewhere.

On Nov 25, 2004, at 8:56 AM, <greene@northrim.net> wrote:

With all due respect... lied?

Yes, with all due respect, lied. You claimed your name was James Kirk.
Have you read the FAQ or Terms of Service? Did you see the part where we said what the consequences of dishonesty were? So you've lied about your identity for years - that makes it OK?

I went through your posts. Every single one was a link to a site of yours and nothing more. Advertising/spam. Same difference.

I've been kirk95 on every board that I have signed up for since 1995.
Do a Google... everybody knows me as kirk95. I've been kirk95 on FDP for several years.....

Peddle....? What am I peddling.. I run a network of FREE artist
communities... We're trying to help artists of guitar music build their
audience online.... Record companies sure are not doing it.. and the
artists have no idea how to do it themselves. We try to cover some of
our hosting expenses and our enormous time investments with some banner ads. But you know how lucrative this is? NOT! Since day one we have featured links from our Home Page to the FDP. Check it out
www.online-discussion.com.

We just started a SRV site and a member posted a bunch of rare photos of SRV - real old stuff. Did you see the photos? So what exactly were we pedaling? I bet 80% of your members are into SRV... so what's the big deal? You don't think they would dig those photos? You choose to block them from this content - content that they would find interesting? Stevie is a poster child for Fender.... BTW is there away to post photos in your forums?

We don't compete with you in any way. Your spin is Fender - Our spin
is the Artist perspective.

We try to help promote FDP from our Home Page - always have! We have never asked for anything in return.....we're just trying promote guitar music, artists, gear, etc.....

We are not asking anyone to buy anything......

We are trying to share interesting and pertinent content about guitar
artists with as wide an audience as possible. Why? To keep the music
that we love alive.... Again, the record industry isn't exactly
promoting guitar music... are they?

I would appreciate it if you would reinstate my account. You should be
trying to help instead of banning my account. Why, because we're
totally complementary to what you are doing. It's about the love of
guitars, gear and music! I'm sure you're not getting rich doing
FDP...Wink It's a labor of LOVE!

Best Regards,
DH

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 25, 2004 11:04:36 AM MST
To: <greene@northrim.net>
Subject: Re: Can't login

Lied yea right........ that's been my online identify for the past ten years... I bet a huge percentage of your members use aliases... That policy is completely unenforceable. How can you even have a policy like that when there is no way authenticate and enforce it?

Which post was selling a product or service? Which post was not linked to relevant gear, artist, or tone related content? What exactly are you protecting your members from? It makes no sense... the Internet is all about related relevant links....

You are over applying your policy here. I can understand stopping SPAMMERS and BANNING ads. But we are talking about a bunch of free SRV photos here - clearly not the same thing. Ironically, you are restricting the the flow of relevant Fender related content to your members. I don't believe that is your intent... is it? Step back from your policy for 10 seconds and apply a little common sense.

I'm not the enemy, a liar or a spammer. I am a guitar music and gear enthusiast just like you that is attempting to share content with other enthusiasts with similar interests. If your policies ban that behavior, then there is something severely wrong with your policies.

Best Regards,
DH

NO ANSWER

Begin forwarded message:

Date: November 27, 2004 9:33:04 AM MST
To: greene@northrim.net
Subject: Fwd: Can't login

Here is exactly what your FAQ says about posting photo links.

Q: How do I post a photo on the FDP Forum?
A: You can't unless you're a Contributing Member. But you can post a link to a photo you've uploaded to another website in your message.

That is exactly what I did and you canceled my account for it....

What's with that Chris?

NO ANSWER

Last edited by kirk95 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
hide_away

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of a few words a little stronger than jerk to describe this guy...but I'm a lady...good God did I just say that?? Shocked Laughing
SRV and Fender go hand in hand in my opinion.....they have an SRV signature guitar line for crying out loud. I wonder if they realize how much revenue they take in each year based soley on people who want to grab that SRV sound from their guitars. Just the #1 prototype alone should keep all their employee's kids in college for years.
And the thing about your name....give me a break! Who's to say your name isn't James Kirk...it's not like William Shatner has the trademark on that name. And besides....it's a screen name. How can someone possibly lie about a screen name? It's impossible! If I wanted my screen name to be daisey duck....does that mean I'm lying about who I am?
Tell him to pull the 2X4 outta his thick a$$. Evil or Very Mad Mad
And just for the record....your link must have shook some people up....have you seen the amount of views each one of the pic threads got? Plus...your membership here grew quite a bit too.
Just remember...
rule #1....don't sweat the small sh*t
rule #2...it's all small sh*t

My brother Jimmie always said I played like I was breaking out of jail.
~Stevie Ray Vaughan
Stratasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That particular forum is a bunch of tight asses anyway.....been there done that.
Yuppies and kids.

Tommy
Johnny Riz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratasaurus wrote:
That particular forum is a bunch of tight asses anyway.....been there done that.
Yuppies and kids.

Tommy

10-4 on that....I just signed off from one of those "other Yahoo SRV sites" ..... Too much of a holier than thou" attitudes from certian members.

Acouple of the most regular posters take a stance on any SRV related topic and gawd ferbid if ya diaagree with them......

and yer really up $h*t creek if you are a blues musician and cover any SRV & DT songs...yikes...!!!!!!

I'm over here now...I saw the light !!!!

And thanks for making me feel welcome...it's very appreciated

keepin' it real

"...I am by no means wise or special. I'm just like everyone else - trying to get through life leaving a little more than I take." - Tommy Shannon
Blind Melon Chitlin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratasaurus wrote:
Yuppies and kids.

Tommy

Most of those guys are like the equivalent of guys in their fifties who own vintage hot rods but only drive them to the malt shop. The majority of them really don't want to hear what an actual player has to say. I'm proud to say that I was kicked off that particular forum. Laughing
Lee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just looking at a website for tubes. Here's a quotable quote on the Fender forum,

Quote:
I get asked the question all the time "why don't you post or participate on the Fender Forum?" ... The answer is I did, once... One of my customers sent me an email asking why I had not answered a question. I promptly emailed him back asking "what question?" He responded and told me that someone had posted a question on the Fender forum directed to me... Since I had not posted before I signed in, received my password and posted an answer. I started with a disclaimer stating that I was a re-seller...but I did not advertise my name or url. I then answered the question. Within thirty minutes I received a scalding email from Chris Greene accusing me of spamming the forum and then he banned me for life from the forum. I was a bit set back by his attitude because I didn't know him from Adam so I returned his email asking him what part of my post was spam? He promptly returned responded saying "all of it" and then proceeded to swear at me and call me names... So there you have it, that's why I don't post on the Fender forum.
Blind Melon Chitlin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds about par for the course over at the FDP. As I understand it, you've got to become a paying member and then you can do what ever the hell you want. There were at least two guys on that forum who had their own tube amp repair businesses and anytime they'd post something they'd include a link to their website(s). How that's any different from the quote you just posted I have no idea. Confused Some web masters seem like they've got 'hall monitor syndrome' if you know what I mean.
stratovarious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard back from Big Name. They are beaming that guy from FDP down to a select unfriendly Class M planet. Contains creatures that constantly chew the calouses of your fingers.

P.S. I'll try in a minute -- do these forums list on a Google search? Hmm?
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're optimized for the *oogle Crawler.....yes... shhhhhhhhh Wink
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: