Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Calling Voodoo364

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Calling Voodoo364

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTrahan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Calling Voodoo364 Reply with quote

Did you ever get the new Eminence speakers? If so, spill it man!!

I'm looking at the Tonker right now. If the Cali I ordered doesn't work for me, I'd like to get a tonker.
voodoo364

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TT..they are just starting to break in. I am running the Governor/Tonker combo in a Marshall 2x12 cab. I think both are excellent. I prefer the sound of the Tonker..big sounding. I removed the back on the cab and both speakers sounded real good to me. I ran my 65 Band master into 'em and they sounded great. I hope to run my 67 Bassman head into 'em today. They are really good..I was suprised. I have not had a lot of luck with Emi's in the past. What kinda' speaker is in the Fargen? Your tone is awesome!
TTrahan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speaker in my Fargen is a Weber G12H30 clone. Its cool, but I would like a little less speaker distortion, but if the Cali doesn't work for that, I'll go back to the G12..

Is the Tonker very british sounding? Or it is pretty neutral?
voodoo364

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah TT, The Tonker has a British vibe for sure...but very BIG sounding. It does not have as much high-mid bark as most Celestion stuff I have encountered. The Governor sounds great too! Like a V30 except ..well..BIGGER sounding than a V30. They seem to have a great all-around frequency response..not barky at all. I think the Tonker is especially awesome. The EV SRO and the EV 12L are really my fave type speakers..but I would buy the Tonkers anytime!! They are a ton lighter too. My EV cab is way too heavy to lug. I think your rig sounds awesome...the Cali/JBL would be clean that's for sure. The SRO's don't budge at low volume..a little sterile..but when I open 'em up it's when they really shine.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodoo - I want to hear some clippage of those EVs in action Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: