Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Who's better? SRV or Hendrix? You decide!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Who's better? SRV or Hendrix? You decide!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better? SRV or Hendrix? You decide!
Stevie Ray Vaughan
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Jimi Hendrix
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

AlB

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Who's better? SRV or Hendrix? You decide! Reply with quote

Who do you think is better as a guitar player? SRV or Hendrix? Just curious. Smile
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Only us Reply with quote

Well i dont realy like to compare them i was a hendrix fan first and always will be,SRV comes 2nd for me,but i listen to them both lots every week,hendrix every day and SRV 5 days a week,and then also all the other music i like too. Cool
hawk5211

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love these threads...

First, besides leading to an arguement I personally think that there is no real answer.

I cannot pick between the two, for reasons I will explain.

First, on a playing level I believe that Stevie wins, and i personally perfer his solo's

Second, on a song writing level, i perfer Hendrix, not that I don't like SRV's song, but because I really enjoy jimi's

The fact that SRV loved Henrix's music really makes them incomparable

Feel free to disagree, this is all just IMHO

Cheers

Hawk
AlB

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Who's better? SRV or Hendrix? You decide! Reply with quote

yes i absolutely agree with you on that one! well the thing about hendrix's playin style is that it was sloppy, but controlled. and i think both of them write good songs. for example, life without you, wall of denial are good works. so are little wing and bold as love. they just have their own way of producing music, that's all.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: My favourite 2 songs Reply with quote

Well i see my top hendrix song there in bold as love and SRV for life without you,we must all know the conection in them songs right,and why i like them even more too. Cool
jamesfarew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Hendrix vs SRV Reply with quote

Hands down...Hendrix was great...but why didn't he play acoustic? I have only ever herd one song "Hear My Train A Coming" and it wasn't even that great. Stevie Ray Vaughan MTV Unplugged shows true talent which I don't think Hendrix was capable of!! Hendrix just played electric to the best of my knowledge...which is far easier to play given all the sound altering equipment that can be used with an electric guitar. When someone can play an electric song remarkably better on an acoustic guitar then that shows true talent. Stevie Ray Vaughan just had so much power when he played...he played with soul and he had the blues deep down in his bones! Stevie Ray Vaughan in my opinion is better then Hendrix ever was!! Stevie Ray Vaughan will rock on in everyones hearts forever!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: