Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - life without you (live alive)

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

life without you (live alive)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROGER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: life without you (live alive) Reply with quote

i know that this subject has been covered before and only now realise why this track was removed from the album after just reading the forum.ihad this track on cassete that i bought way back but unfortunatley the cassette was accidently thrown away.i cannot believe that this track is unavailable.whoever decided this must be deaf or plain stupid as it is by far the best track on the album.the tone that srv gets on the solo is breathtaking and other versions dont come close.i remember it making every hair on my body stand up and i miss it big time.help...this must be available somewhere somehow.
Deezer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie himself took it off. He said he sounded horrible, and reminded just how drugged out he was at the time.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Life without you Reply with quote

Well i have the tape too and i know the older cd from then which i have,leaves the track off.I thought it was for length issues in cds back then,as if he hated it,would it be on the tape and im shure record too.
like the tape came out in 86,the cd i have says 1986 on it too even,so cant be this hated it issue i think.And this song is my favourite SRV track ever,the live ones more as there far longer and have 2 long solo's on his guitar.I like the sound and tone of them too,but the best ones its not for me of the ones herd and have on cd,dvd etc...

Like a realy good older one,pre clean up is the montreux 85 one,not as long in the speech which i actualy like too,but nice fender vibratone on the end part of the solo.A later post drug free etc...one is the one off the reissued one off the in step album in denver in 1989,13+ minutes of awsome sound,playing and singing.There are few others too,but not herd stacks and stacks of these live versions out there,would need to count them again to be shure.
But this live alive version of all the ones herd would be the lowest realy,the talk went on a bit,and then also not hearing the end solo fully dose not help too.
Deezer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are interviews where Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon say that was the way it was.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: CD only Reply with quote

Yea but only for the cd then too(i have the tape version with the song and CD without it).

Last edited by Christopher X on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Deezer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It was on vinyl and tape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: