Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - good SRV tone with Fender Princeton 65???

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

good SRV tone with Fender Princeton 65???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: good SRV tone with Fender Princeton 65??? Reply with quote

hey yall. anybody got some good opinions on some good SRV tone with a Princeton 65? i kno its a solid state (which sux) but i have that driving a 1 x 15" speaker cab. i set the Princeton 65 on the clean channel onstage.

on my pedalboard i have a TS9 tube screamer with a Vox wah-wah and a Line 6 Verbzilla (because the spring reverb went dead on me). then they all go to a Digitech TSR12 for the Leslie effects.

here are my questions:

1) what are the best amp settings for my amp and my tube screamer?

2) how can i make this amp better?

muchos gracias everybody!
srvscream29

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly man, you have a great recording amp, I wouldn't change that unless you wanna play gigs. For the tubescreamer, i think a popular setting is the level nob to 11 o' clock and the Gain Knob to 1 o'clock with the tone at 12 o'clock. A lot is the style tho. Make sure ur guitar is a halfstep down and you gotta be able to do his insane chucking and strumming single notes if you kno what i mean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: