Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Unknown guitarists part 2

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Unknown guitarists part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy P

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Unknown guitarists part 2 Reply with quote

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, but I was looking around and found an "unknown guitarist" section, but I couldn't add to it. I just wanted to tell ya about a few I met when I briefly moved up to oregon.

First there is a fella named Robbie Laws. One of the most amazing guitarists I've met, took some lessons from, jammed with and watched play. He is such a great guy and a monster player. The clips I've found of him don't do his talent justice. He formed a friendship with Albert Collins and learned a bunch from him. Robbie was a good teacher and he shook me out of a rut and helped get some confidence back. He is also very involved in bringing music to the schools up in oregon as well.

Second: Suburban Slim. He does his thing, but he also is the guitarist for the Strangtones. He is a monster too, I just found some clips of him on youtube. He was the guy who turned me on to the Conrad amps (see my introduction). I really enjoyed his playing. He hosts an open blues jam and he is so nice and accomodating.

Third is a fellow named Kevin Selfe. His band, Kevin Selfe and the Tornados, is killer. Theres a couple clips of him on youtube too.

Anyway, I thought you guys might like to check them out. All three of them are really nice guys and great players to boot. I hope you find something you dig about them. I really like those guys, they are keeping the blues alive.
Thanks guys!
Andy P

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooops, I almost forgot about a gentleman named A.C. Porter too. I think there's one clip of him on youtube.

I really met and saw alot of really good players when I went up to oregon. Made me go back to the woodshed, and humbled me even more watching all these folks.
Even though I've been playing for 25 years (oh my god...) there is always something new to learn and gain inspiration from. I really love music and guitar playing, it's just sooo kewl!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: