Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Help Me Pay Tribute To SRV's Legacy

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Help Me Pay Tribute To SRV's Legacy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBSper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Help Me Pay Tribute To SRV's Legacy Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm working on a project, and I think the collective knowledge that all of you guys in this forum have could really help me out.

The company I work for has a meeting with the Vaughan estate coming up, and we're trying to secure the rights to some of his music to be able to create a "virtual song book" for the iPod Touch/iPhone. Basically we created an app that lets people learn songs note-for-note on their iPods, and have already put out songbooks by The Rolling Stones, Sting & The Police, James Taylor, and a few others. We want to add SRV to our roster, and we want to make sure we pick the right songs.

Since I personally am not a SRV expert, although I have Soul To Soul and greatly respect his playing and influence on the world of guitar, I figured reaching out to the true fans was the best way to find out which songs need to be on this app to do his legacy justice. So I'm turning to you guys, help me do this right, because that's what Stevie deserves.

What songs do you think need to be on this app, and which version if it's live or an alternate take.

Thank you so much!

-Brian
Douglas Broccone

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Me Pay Tribute To SRV's Legacy Reply with quote

TheBSper wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm working on a project, and I think the collective knowledge that all of you guys in this forum have could really help me out.

The company I work for has a meeting with the Vaughan estate coming up, and we're trying to secure the rights to some of his music to be able to create a "virtual song book" for the iPod Touch/iPhone. Basically we created an app that lets people learn songs note-for-note on their iPods, and have already put out songbooks by The Rolling Stones, Sting & The Police, James Taylor, and a few others. We want to add SRV to our roster, and we want to make sure we pick the right songs.

Since I personally am not a SRV expert, although I have Soul To Soul and greatly respect his playing and influence on the world of guitar, I figured reaching out to the true fans was the best way to find out which songs need to be on this app to do his legacy justice. So I'm turning to you guys, help me do this right, because that's what Stevie deserves.

What songs do you think need to be on this app, and which version if it's live or an alternate take.

Thank you so much!

-Brian

Crossfire
TheBSper

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug! We got that one on there. We actually got the green light to do an app for Jimmie Vaughan's new album that's coming out in mid-june, and we'll be doing some stuff for Stevie after that!

We'd love more feedback about what other songs you'd want to see in the app if - anyone else has suggestions.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing about Stevie's live performances, is - their all great ! Cool

I would choose a live version of Texas Flood from 1982 Montreux (from two cd set).

or Tin Pan Alley from "In The Begining" (an early taste of his playing before he got a record contract, it's from a 1980 broadcast)

something live would show his gentleness then to a rip roaring fury of showing how he played. Just my two choices for live versions.

My favorite of all live versions is from Japan performance of "Tin Pan Alley w/ Dirty Pool" Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: