Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Live at Montreaux 1985 and "Lenny"

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Live at Montreaux 1985 and "Lenny"

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SRVgirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Live at Montreaux 1985 and "Lenny" Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has ever noticed that when SRV is playing "Ain't gonna give up on love" on the Live at Montreaux 1985 DVD--he starts off playing the song with Number and somehow about a 1/3 of the way through the song, he's playing (and forgive me if I have the names of his guitars confused) Charlie. It is my understanding that this concert is performed in a single day not unless he had more than one show. Can anyone give any info on this. Don't mean for this to be a silly question but I am just curious. Also, can anyone shed light on why Jimmy decided to donate Lenny to Eric Clapton's Crossroad's auction last year. I am curious to know why he would choose this guitar among all the others that SRV had. It is my understanding that SRV was deeply in love with Lenny even after their divorce--so if this woman was an important part of SRV's life it seems as if his brother would have reconsider giving away a guitar that, if SRV were alive would mean as much to him as Number One.
Top_Hat_Blues

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up guys, new to the board here.

Yea, I noticed that too. I'm guessing he might have broke a string, or something, or had some type of problem with Number One, because he plays Chaley for most of the rest of the night, and you don't see Number One until the last song. I would actaully lean more towards some other problem, because it doesn't take that long to restring one string, and I would imagine he might have tried to play through it anyway. Also you can tell they cut something out of the performance, because it cuts kind of strange, and he's already playing Charley right after the verse. Maybe someone else here knows what actaully happened.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: