Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - SRV influence--Response to Timsalive

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

SRV influence--Response to Timsalive

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SRVgirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: SRV influence--Response to Timsalive Reply with quote

SRV has been an influence in my life. Last year I suffered a miscarriage and at the time was still grieving over a lost child--then SRV came into my life via DirectTV special that showcased Montreaux 1982 and 1986. I was like the entire month of September I was transfixed (if that's what you call it) on this man with the incredible ability to play a guitar. I could not keep my eyes off of him--I found it hard to believe and even now that he's dead. He made me if not temporarily forget about my lost. I wish I had gotten the chance to see him in concert and at times I regret that I was interested in other musicians such as Duran Duran (won't go into much discussion here). But listening to Stevie has made me be even more interested in the blues. I think he would be pleased that people love him so much. I bought in biography and read it in a matter of days and purchased the box SRV box set and several videos. I've never played a guitar, but recently I purchased a Fender Acoustic guitar (have played other instruments in the past). If only for a few hours I am able to submerge myself in the world of strings and notes (teaching myself). I recently purchased a book called "Falling Stars: Air Crashes that Filled Rock and Roll Heaven--and Stevie is mentioned there. It is a tearful book to read--especially about him. Even when I read his biography I had to stop with it because it was like reading about a hero--then coming to the conclusion that there is no good ending. He's been a wonderful influence nonetheless.
TTrahan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very touching SRVgirl. Its really neat to see and hear how differently people are influenced and inspired by SRV.

I am really influenced in a musical way by SRV (as are about 50,000 other people!). I am also inspired by the man himself. Everything about him.

SRV fans seem to feel a different connection to him than their other favorite artists. I think its because we often have to imagine what he felt or what he would've been doing because we will NEVER know for sure. We try to channel his spirit into ours maybe? With artists that are still with us, we can just write to 'em and found out a lot of stuff!

Its hard to explain, but the SRV influence/inspiration for the most part is really deep.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: