Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Hi!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Hi!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hide_away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Hi! Reply with quote

hide_away says hello from central Calif. ***waving to everyone*** Very Happy
Just a bit about me...
I'm a married 40 yr old mother of 2 teenagers. I've been married to my hubby now for almost 20 yrs....yes...he's put up with my Stevie fascination for that long...poor guy. Confused Shocked And I have been a die-hard Stevie fan since the early 80's.
I don't know the ages of most of you here...and I desperately hope I am not the only gal here...but the one thing I have always loved about Stevie, aside from his music, was his spirit. He always came across as such a giving and generous soul...and it showed in his performances and interviews. I also admire the love and respect that Tommy and Chris have when talking about Stevie.
The one thing that continues to amaze me is how many young people dig on Stevie's music and talent. I have talked to a great many people on the web who like Stevie...but it always seems to be the young beefhearts who respect, admire, and take to heart what Stevie left behind. I get such a kick out of the kids who know Stevie's music backwards, forwards and 3 ways from Sunday. LOL.
Anyhoo...I guess y'all can tell I like to jabber on about Stevie...he's my favorite past time. Laughing Cool So.....howdy.....and I'm thrilled I found this forum. Y'all rock!!!

My brother Jimmie always said I played like I was breaking out of jail.
~Stevie Ray Vaughan

Last edited by hide_away on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk95
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey welcome to the Forum! Great to have another die-hard Stevie fan here!

Some great posts! Thanks!
hide_away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kirk....it's great to be here. Thanks for starting up a forum like this.
I sincerely hope this place grows by leaps and bounds. Stevie was a rare treasure...and should ALWAYS be remembered. Cool

My brother Jimmie always said I played like I was breaking out of jail.
~Stevie Ray Vaughan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: