Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Indeginous - Not bad. Also other SRVish guys...

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Indeginous - Not bad. Also other SRVish guys...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TTrahan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Indeginous - Not bad. Also other SRVish guys... Reply with quote

I just bought Indeginous - Live at Pachyderm Studios over the weekend. It's pretty good listening, as far as tone and playing are concerned.

The vocals aren't very good, and the songs are kind of boring, but the guitar player plays some very tasty SRV/Jimi type stuff. They do a version of Red House that is really fun to listen to. I'd recommend buying this just for that song!

I'm always on the lookout for bands like these guys, people that bring SRV's playing style into their songs, but it doesn't sound exactly like Stevie. More on the rock side then the blues side.

Guys like - Chris Duarte, Doyle Bramhall II, Philip Sayce, Ian Moore, Walter Trout, Indeginous etc.

Or funky dudes like Tommy Castro, who is my favorite modern guy.

Any others?
hide_away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Doyle Bramhall II...he's damn good...just like his daddy. But then y'all have heard that old saying about the apple never falling far from the tree. Wink
Also...I'm sure some of you have heard of a guy named Josh Kirkland....the man is scary to listen to....way too scary. LOL. I also like Los Lonely Boys. Seems Austin is consistently churning out awesome talent.

My brother Jimmie always said I played like I was breaking out of jail.
~Stevie Ray Vaughan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Open Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: