Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - any tips on scuttle buttin'

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

any tips on scuttle buttin'

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neastguy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: any tips on scuttle buttin' Reply with quote

I've been trying to make that main riff sound right? any tips, I know he's tuned down but I feel like i'm missing something (besides the talent of course)... on that live at montreux DVD it looks like he uses his middle finger for everything.....anyone have any tips on this riff?
bluz_playa85

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

learn to play it slow first. thats how i did it. make sure all the right notes and slides are under your fingers, then just build up the speed as it gets more comfortable for you.
Vaughanabe13

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two ways to do it...by bending or by sliding. I think SRV used both at one time or another, but I'm not sure which he used on the Montreux DVD off the top of my head. It also helps to have the right tone while you're playing it.
v00d00blues79

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the previous post about starting off slowly and building up the speed. Also, i've found it easier for me to start the riff of by bending the first note then using slides to play the rest of the riff. I've seen him play it that way on a bunch of different videos.

Thanks,

Andy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: