Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - CARNEGIE HALL AMPS/EFFECTS?

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

CARNEGIE HALL AMPS/EFFECTS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlB

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: CARNEGIE HALL AMPS/EFFECTS? Reply with quote

hey everybody. now since there's no video of srv at carnegie hall (which GOD i wish there was), was anybody actually in the concert hall that night to tell of the amps or effects he used? if not, can anybody take a guess at it? lol. thanks so much. imo this is his best tone ever! really loud, midrangy, clear tone. gracias!
hawk5211

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not quite sure on his amp setup, but a guess would be that by then he had a dumble in his arsenel (not sure on that??)

Again, knowing that he experimented with his band size there it wouldn't surprise me if he messed with his gear a bit aswell.

BTW, Lenny of that disc has got to be one of his best ever recordings, so soulful. Also funny, if you listen closely, about halfway through you can hear one loud fan shout "SHUT THE F*** UP". Now thats classic.
AlB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: CARNEGIE HALL AMPS/EFFECTS? Reply with quote

actually i wuz watchin the "hey hey, it's saturday" video of 'texas flood'. if my eyes served me correctly, it looks like two vibroverbs stacked on top of one another, a super reverb, and a fender vibratone, which gave that "flanging sound" in the audio recording. and his pedalboard around that time was def the metal board as you can see in this pic that is used a LOT!

in that tape you can see him steppin on the Tube Screamer to take out the buzz while he's singin i guess. you can also see the vox wah-wah. so his effects in this tape were most likely a TS 9 Tube Screamer, Vox wah-wah, MXR Loop Selector, and the Vibratone's footswitch. Plus, this was recorded a couple of weeks after the Carnegie Hall show, so this could be his rig that he used.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: