Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - new pedal for srv type sound (not a tube screamer)

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

new pedal for srv type sound (not a tube screamer)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crossfire655

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: new pedal for srv type sound (not a tube screamer) Reply with quote

Hi all

my gear is somthing like this

strat - > compressor - > wah - > 2x ts808 - > ? - > fulltone ultimate octave fuzz - > boss eq - > amp

i want somthing to go after the ts808 to produce a sort of srv type tone.

i have been looking at boss blues driver, digitech bad monkey and t rex alberta.

the mjm blues devil seems to be the ideal choice for me, but i cant get it in the uk and i am not sure about paying for it in the us over the net and shipping.

edit - if i bought the blues devil, i have adaptors for it, i spose it would be compatible in the uk?

thanks for all your help
Crossfire655.
Gamedojo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I exactly get your question.

Stevie's tone was mostly with his guitar and amp cranked/tweaked...etc. Some of his lead playing used a tubescreamer so you SHOULD already have everything you need.

What specific tone are you looking for? Also, what amp are you using, might be a big part of this equation.

No one pedal on its own is going to suddenly make you sound like SRV.

http://www.shelleygrund.com/recording/Recordings.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: