Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Howdy!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Howdy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy P

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Howdy! Reply with quote

Hello all,
I was cruising around online and found you guys. Let me tell you a little about myself.
I''m 38, been playing guitar since I was 13. I've been influenced by alot of players, but my main guys are Jimi, SRV, John Frusciante, Randy Rhoads, Freddie King and Buddy Guy. I mostly play blues now.
Anyway, I got into Stevie around '84, that summer Mtv was playing the Cold Shot video, and I had been reading about Stevie for just a bit. Loved the song and the video was great! Made a little metal head take notice. I was visiting my grandparents at the time and my grandmother bought me "Couldn't Stand The Weather". I remember listening to Voodoo Chile and just being blown away. Even at 14 I was a Jimi snob, but man that was just amazing! I was instantly a fan. Not too long after that I got the guitar player magazine with Stevie on the cover, and that was it for me.
Later that year my friends bought me tickets to see that tour at the Universal Ampitheatre. What a great show, but being the little pot heads we were at the time, much of my memories from that show are a bit cloudy shall we say.
Stevie's music really touched me, and his life contiues to be an inspiration to me. He really was a beautiful soul, and I really miss him.
The day he died just floored me, and I can remember that whole day pretty vividly.
Right now I'm in the process of getting a new blues project together.

Since most of you share your gear, I'd like to tell you about what I have.
I have a 62 brown fender princeton that is a 9 out of 10 in terms of condition. great amp.
My main amp is a recent addition, it was made by the creator of SUNN amps, Conrad Sundholm. It's called a Blues Jammer, I picked out the colors and he made me an amp. It's the brown one on his website. I cannot tell you how amazing this amp is. Just a monster tone machine. Check him out on his website. I met him when I went to Oregon for a bit, met some amazing players and was introduced to Conrad.
I play a 97 Fender Custom shop strat, Cunetto era I believe. My pride and joy indeed. Just a great guitar plugged in or not. Plugged into the Conrad it just really comes alive. Pure strat tone and gets the sound I've been after for a real long time.
I have 2 analogman TS-9s with the silver mod, and a RMC picture wah.
I've been a wah collector for the last 6 years and needed something I could play out with, since my best wah really shouldn't leave the house. It's a 68 transitional Vox Clyde, black bottom in mint condition. A really amazing wah, and if I did'nt get the back story from the guy I bought it from, I would've sworn it was one of Jimi's! haha!
I have a marshall 50 watt jubilee too and of course more guitars.
Well there ya go! I really like this site and all the posts I've read have been really great. I don't really do too many posts, just when the mood strikes, but I hope to participate a bit.
Great place ya got hear, now go grab those planks and throw some stank ya'll! haha!
Peace and hair grease,
Andy P
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum,as you see its not to busy,there was a spam problem for sometime.But some members still here im shure,so if post there sould be a reply or more hopefully.I only come on here a few times a week myself to check things as a mod here
Andy P

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! sucks about the spam thing, but hopefully things will liven up after a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: