Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Howdy!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Howdy!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Duncan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Howdy! Reply with quote

Hey there,

Just stumbled on to this site last night, very cool indeed! I thought about all the different forums I love looking at and then thought, man there should be an SRV forum...and here it is!

I've been playing guitar since I was 15 in '87 and obsessed with SRV since then. I was CRUSHED the day he died. I've got it all on tape (VHS that is) as it was reported. We were at war with Iraq, the first time, and I thought it was for a USO tour announcement. I grabbed a tape and watched it reported live that he'd been killed.

I was luck enough to get an SRV Strat in '94. Unopened box containing a '93 model. I've been playing it every day since then. I met Jimmie Vauhgan and got him to sign the guitar - way cool.

Anyway, that's 'bout it for now...

Mike

Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Mike,did you get to see SRV then live maybe,i had one chance realy in 1989,but many reasons it did not happen.I wish i could time travel,change history,this would be a major one for me realy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: