Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Important information needed!

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Important information needed!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sovelist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Important information needed! Reply with quote

Hi all I am new here and I just love Stevie Ray Vaughn's music, and I just need a little more information for a project I am doing for a english...I am to answer these questions,

1: How did stevie ray vaughn impact the music industry?
2:Who were Stevie Ray Vaughn's Idols growing up?
3: What muscians used SRV songs, music, and style...

Thanks for your time, I have 4 weeks to complete the project but I would like to get it done before that..Thanks guys.

Sincerly,
TJ AkA:Sovelist Confused Confused
Ron S

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try here:
www.stevieray.com
www.srvrocks.com

They will certainly help

Some short answers:
1) SRV impacted the industry by sparking a blues revival in the mid 80's (among many other things, such as raw, passionate guitar in a sea of 80's widdlers)
2) Albert King, Buddy Guy and Hendrix in particular but Stevie drew on some pretty wide influences in the blues and rock vein.
3) Los Lonely Boys, Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Jonny Lang, Indigenous, Chris Duarte, even Clapton has stated SRV as having an impact on his playing. And let's face it most guitarists in the world owe a debt to SRV

Good luck, let us know if you need any other info.

Ron Sayer
Sovelist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ron I will keep that in mind
Sovelist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other people have any other information I really could use it...Thanks..

TJ Razz
Deezer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's 8 days after the fact, but another of Stevie's big influences was Lonnie Mack, known for his 50s hit instrumental, Wham!. John Mayer is another player that Stevie had a huge influence on. Mike McCready of Pearl Jam. Cross Canadian Ragweed has listed him as an influence, as has Robert Randolph. Besides ZZ Top, he was the main guy out there that had blues in his style at that time. After that, guys like Robert Cray, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, and Los Lobos all had hits. I think Stevie was the guy that busted the door down. And when he died, blues-based music lost its flag carrier, so to speak, and it lost momentum.
Sovelist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for your reply, I will definatly be using your info for my project, thanks so much and have a good one.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: