Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Wounded G String.

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Wounded G String.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conflict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Wounded G String. Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm using a gauge 26(wounded) G string for my electric. I am able to bend and all and I feel it is fairly alright for the tone. However, my fellow friends advice me to change to a plain string, as in unwound. And lower the gauge for a better tone.

Is there a significant difference in tone for wounded/unwounded strings? I mean take for example a wounded 19G and plain 19G string.

I do admit it is pretty hard to bend 2-3 tones up, most prob I can hit is just 1 semi tone higher but I'm still practising and trying to get used to it. Do you guys recommend me to lower my gauge and change to a non-wounded string? Thanks

Regards,
Conflict
hawk5211

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its wound g string not a wounded string, its not in a war or anything.....

i dunno, are you using phosphor coated strings?? On my acoustic i have phosphor 13's, and a .026 G and i can hit a full-tone bend around the middle of the string. Personally i think that if you cant hit a fulltone on a bend, you need thinner strings. I use 10's on my electric and i can hit a 5 semitone bend (although it hurts like mad) on the G which is a .017.

Hope all this helps...

Hawk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: