Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion :: View topic - Remembering Stevie.......16 Years Gone By

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index

Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
The SRV Discussion Forum - why didn't we do this before?

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

Remembering Stevie.......16 Years Gone By
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redhouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject: Remembering Stevie.......16 Years Gone By Reply with quote

Just thinking about the man all day and listening to his music and how his life has impacted my life. Remembering the night he died, still one of the greatest shows I have ever been to or experienced!

I miss you, Stevie! Crying or Very sad

Christopher X

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

I just remembered to when i was on my space last week and left a post there on a srv group im in,i have been listening and watching lots of srv and will be up to the 1st of sept,not that i dont listen to him 5 times a week anyway.
And Redhouse how many times did you see srv live?,or only 1 time,wish i had too,never got to see him,had one chance back in 1989,but a few things stopped it from happening,can you tell me a little about the show?,thanks. Cool
Redhouse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Stevie 7 times, the weekend that he died I saw him 4 times that week. A few days before Alpine he played a fair in Kalamazoo MI and Buddy Guy Legends, then Alpine both nights. The thing that stands out the most after all these years is Stevie's respect for the Guitar Gods. While playing with Buddy Guy or Clapton, Stevie always played with such respect, he could of blown these guys of the stage and they knew it and he didn't.

The night he played Legends, Buddy was on stage getting down and stopped and said he wanted to bring out a good friend and then you heard these amazing notes being played by someone you didn't see yet. Buddy Say's "My good friend Stevie" and out walked Stevie. I was standing right in front of the stage front row center and everybody went nuts. It's still my greatest guitar experience's of my life!
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Thanks alot Reply with quote

Thanks for all that info Redhouse,hope you dont mind some more questions,like did you live in that area to go see all those shows?,another what where the dates of and where of the other 3 concerts,so lucky to see him that many times and 4 in one year aswell.And that last jam i thought most have said,jimmie etc.. that srv was on fire that night,but yea maybe not blowing them off the stage which im shure he could have like you said.Also that legends show gig was it recorded or filmed like he played there in 89 maybe also?,as saw or herd a boot show or part of it from this venue,and the sound of srv guitar though was like nothing ive herd of his before realy,like he is using some effects,wah etc.. and did he sing or just backed buddy up on guitar only,thanks. Question
And the 2 alpine valley shows was the 2nd better or they where smilar,and all these shows you saw have you tried get them on cd or dvd?,thanks. Question Cool
Redhouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Chicago so I was almost in the middle of the shows that week 100 and something miles to Michigan for the Kalamazoo show on the Friday, then back to Chicago to Legends after that show. Then Saturday and Sunday at Alpine. Both nights were awesome and in my opinion Stevie was really on fire Sunday night. Almost like if some how he knew it was has last show he went out big!

As far as recordings, Alpine has some bootlegs hanging around, check ebay every so often. Sony and Alpine swear that they recorded nothing, yet, some of Alpine is on the Box Set????????? Some fans got some of it recorded. Legends if I'm not mistaken Stevie played there more then a few times and there's some boot legs of that floating around. Stevie played Legends and I'm almost sure he used Buddy's amp's. So what your hearing is a combo of differnt amp's and god knows what being used to record it. I remember both of them singing a little, but mostly a lot of playful fun and tons of all out jamming.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Thanks again Reply with quote

Thanks again Redhouse for this info,i had herd or seen that srv had played alpine maybe in 89,as for earlier than that?,as maybe the venue was not there or something else.
I also forgot that the shows where on sat and sun and then he died on the monday morning of the 27th of august 1990.One thing what was the crowd capacity at alpine valley and both nights where sold out right,so how many people saw him those last nights,im shure a few went to both shows,but you going to all those others maybe a few too,but so lucky to have seen him that many times. Cool
And those other srv shows at all,what where they,and do you have all these shows of srv you saw on tape or cd,thanks. Question
Captain Planet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I'm 15 and never got to experience a show, but one things I have thought about is what it would be like to meet him. Has anyone had this honor on these forums?
Christopher X

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Maybe Redhouse Reply with quote

Redhouse you maybe did from those 1990 shows or the earlier ones thanks. Question
Redhouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my late reply,
I don't have any of the shows I went to on CD or Tape just some pictures I'll have to dig up.

I met Stevie 3 times and each time it was short, just before and after shows. I got his autograph and a few guitar picks and got to tell him how awesome I thought he was. He was really humble and enjoyed talking to fans and signing stuff and the one time he was digging my Hendrix tee shirt even asked where I got it.
hawk5211

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow is all i can say redhouse. Getting to meet stevie would be my number one wish, or hendrix perhaps.... But seeing as thats impossible.....

Still, lots of cool information, still cant believe hes been gone for this long, listening to his albums sounds like hes still here....

Hawk

PS Don't suposes anyone here has met hendrix. Anyone been to a concert of his??
hawk5211

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://www.srvrocks.com/srv_pic_10.htm[/img]

On the subject of Alpine Valley, what is this. Is this a CD Cover or just someone putting the name on it.....

Hawk
Redhouse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just a cover someone made for one of the many bootleg's of Alpine that are out there.

I would have loved to have met Jimi. I'm still searching for a real Jimi autograph or something of his.
Christopher X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Redhouse wrote:
Sorry for my late reply,
I don't have any of the shows I went to on CD or Tape just some pictures I'll have to dig up.

I met Stevie 3 times and each time it was short, just before and after shows. I got his autograph and a few guitar picks and got to tell him how awesome I thought he was. He was really humble and enjoyed talking to fans and signing stuff and the one time he was digging my Hendrix tee shirt even asked where I got it.

How come none of them boots?,there all there if they where recoreded out there from traders,like there are concerts,audio and dvd off sites like dimeadozen i think its called,i have got a few shows off traders for free too,many more i want to do by burn and post,like you can pay for postage and say the cd or dvd and they send it to you or you trade stuff you may have.
Like i put im shure a srv server im on here,and they have stuff to download,problem is you need to convert it or something,flac etc..i have not got around to doing that or get how too,i mostly use or have it as mp3's i think.Also there where groups on yahoo i got dvds of srv etc..,so many out there realy to much for me,i just want to get certain ones realy.
Like what srv bootlegs do you have redhouse then,thanks. Question
hawk5211

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i only get to hear one srv bootleg, i would want to hear the version of sweet home chicage, the jam with eric buddy robert and jimmie, from alpine valley on the 26th. Red, you know when i can get that by any chance....

hawk
Russell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its widely available; look up 'Alpine Valley' on e-bay. Check the date though, he did two nights; the first is very good quality the second is below average audience quality.

The best boots are 'Unforgettable Night' and the 84 LA shows.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion Forum Index -> Stevie Ray Vaughan Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: